IMDB Assimilation

Tools    

I'm just pointing out the blatant hypocrisy here: I was bashed by more than one poster for jumping in and defending Dani from a poster. So, I say something not nice about Vicky and people jump down my throat.

I'm just saying--it's a double standard. Irrefutably a double standard.
No one jumped down your throat about Vicky. We pointed out that she is very much well liked here because whether intentionally or not your post implied she wasn't.

Anyway i think this thread should be closed it's just going through all the same crap as yesterday.

Just do what I do and ignore people.
Not like use the ignore function, just ignore the person.

The great thing with the internet, is that arguing will simply get you nowhere.
Ignoring someone, they eventually just ignore you too.
The POINT I'm trying to make here is that I STOPPED arguing and I STOPPED bringing IMDB and what happened? That's right--a MoFo member started bringing it up themselves as well as kicking the argument back up. It's a double standard and why should I sit by silently in the face of that hypocrisy?

If you guys want us "n00bs" to be a part of this community, adhere to your rules, brand of humor, etc, then this double standard ***** needs to STOP. Otherwise, I see no reason why myself or other new posters should have ANY reason whatsoever to respect this site or the community. What's fair is fair.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i'm having too much fun in this thread so that probably means it should be closed. i have a feeling Yoda is about to come busting in like a mom at a sleepover at 3am

Yeah, ash called it: time to close this thread. Really wanted to avoid doing that, for obvious reasons, but I think most people would agree that whatever constructive conversation could be had from it, has already been had.

I'm not averse to trying to talk about all this again, but at minimum, I think we'd need a cool-down period. Maybe talking to each other directly would help, too, but that's up to the people involved.

A system of cells interlinked
when i first started on Mofo, over 12 years ago, i couldn't stand Sedai. oh my god i hated him lol. i thought he was arrogant and rude. then we started talking one-on-one and i was like, wow, this guy is smart, and cool, and interesting. now he's my homie. and yeah, he can be kinda arrogant sometimes, but he's way more than that.

ok, there's my old-timer wisdom, whippersnappers.
Yea, I didn't have much patience back then, and I was pretty opinionated, if I recall. I used to take things much more personally, as well. I have mellowed in my old age!