Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh, peas and beans. Yes, peas and beans. On internet they do look like good foods

I wish some real chef can cook me a pea/bean meal so that I'll get what that's about. I myself have tried to cook it, based on zillion recipes, but the resulted taste never excited me.
El, no beans. Try this. I decided to make this for dinner instead. Borani Bojan - afghan eggplant salad

I love eggplant!
Anything eggplant is delicious: whether baked eggplant with tomato sauce and sprinkled parmesan, as in Sicily, or fried eggplant dipped in sweet-sour fish sauce as in Vietnam, or eggplant tempura in Japan, or Borani Bojan as above, they're all great.

@ashdoc: I'm with you on this matter. Vegetable meals, once in a while to lighten your digestive system, is nice, but in a whole life would be insufficient for the body.

Eggplant. I love it.

Turkish breakfast - cant get enough

Back to vegetarian, I think that's dinner sorted but with almonds. Pine nuts give me pine mouth.

Garlic lovers, I give you the best toum you will ever taste.

http://thefoodblog.com.au/2010/04/fa...ce-recipe.html

Simple trick so you dont stink when you kiss your beloved - if you both eat it the stinks cancels itself out.

There's dinner sorted. Served with toum above. I.Want.Now.

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipes/b...ctopus-oregano

That toum looks like snow!
And as I like garlic, I'll try that recipe. I have all the ingredients at home, plus a hand mixer.
Octopus is also one of my favorites.
Have you tried Galician pulpo? That region is well-known for its octopus. They boiled and chopped the octopus, then simply pour olive oil, chili powder and sprinkle some flower of salt over, et voilŕ! I can eat it constantly.

The toum is amazing. Best one I've made so far. I have another that uses one or two heads of garlic but it's so strong it could drop an elephant just by saying hello from a kilometre away.

I've made galician octopus a few times and my brothers go insane for it.

Did you boil the whole octopus yourself, Dani? It's huge
I have only eaten it in tapas bar.

Did you boil the whole octopus yourself, Dani? It's huge
I have only eaten it in tapas bar.
I use baby octopus, El. Infact I'm getting some for tonight I think. I made a thai green curry a few nights ago and didnt like it (a bit too much sugar) so Mr Dani finished that last night.

Hmm I was just looking at some anchovies. Might add a few to the toum so it sort of becomes bagna cauda but without all the dairy and have that with the octopus. What do you think, El?

My stomach just grumbled. Hungry now.

That sounds cool, anchovies will go well with garlic, and octopus might go well with the two of them. But I'm not sure the emulsion of the mix will be the same, so yours to test (and please tell me the result )

I like anchovy paste, has used it in a lot of things, in particularly in pissaladičre pizza. Such a pity that the anchovies I find at supermarkets or markets are always over-salted.

Husband wanted pasta so tonight will be the night. I might just make a salad with the anchovies.

Or you can make pasta with anchovy:

Your husband is a lucky gentlement.

Anchovies and capers. 2 of my favourites. And olives. Little explosions of salty goodness.

They look good but what are they - is that like the english scone that you have with devonshire tea?

A man who bakes. Dreamy.

That sounds cool, anchovies will go well with garlic, and octopus might go well with the two of them. But I'm not sure the emulsion of the mix will be the same, so yours to test (and please tell me the result )

I like anchovy paste, has used it in a lot of things, in particularly in pissaladičre pizza. Such a pity that the anchovies I find at supermarkets or markets are always over-salted.
I made the galician octopus. Added chargrilled onion wedges, zucchini and capsicum, chili (my lil mate and the greengrocer keeps giving me freebie vegetables) crispy chorizo, caperberries and kiwi berries. Did not need sauce.

Oiii that sounds good !
I want to be there, in front of the octopus.
And please add chili to anything my friend. Chili is heaven.

I'm curious, how did you integrate kiwi berries into the dish?