The Upgrade Bug Report Thread

Tools    

Okay, I think everything should be fine now. I'm still fiddling here and there, but we should be back to normal, and we should be more secure now, too, having moved over to https. Some thread pages still won't show up that way because of hotlinked images, but that's pretty minor, and I'm looking into some fixes there, anyway.

I just noticed something different that hadn't occurred before. I wrote a long review, attached photos, clicked on the photo file name to get the url, then hit the back button to my post in progress....and it was all gone.

Spotted a glitch on the main page...
It says TUS posted last in the Awards thread 54 minutes ago... yet on checking out the thread, it was actually Cosmic.

Addition... if I click TUS's name on the main page where it appears in that image I posted ^^... the site takes me to Cosmic's profile.

Unfortunately, can't debug if it's already been replaced/fixed by the next post. But thanks for letting me know. I think this may just happen every few weeks, once or twice, just because a few events happen simultaneously or something. Always seems to fix itself with the next post.

I just noticed something different that hadn't occurred before. I wrote a long review, attached photos, clicked on the photo file name to get the url, then hit the back button to my post in progress....and it was all gone.
Sorry, didn't notice this before. Don't really have any control over this: it'd probably be down to some browser upgrade. Though with the Insert link you should be able to avoid this (though, in situations like that, I always open the next URL in a new tab, to be safe).

I've had that happen myself a couple times... make a long post, and something goes awry and I lose everything.
Normally down to my internet connection dropping etc.

These days, I tend to crtl-A to select all, then ctrl-C to copy, before posting anything... just in case my internet, or browser, laptop, or whatever, decides it's going to be awkward

Sorry, didn't notice this before. Don't really have any control over this: it'd probably be down to some browser upgrade. Though with the Insert link you should be able to avoid this (though, in situations like that, I always open the next URL in a new tab, to be safe).
I'm sure you're right and it has to do with security settings in my browser and MoFo going to https. Not a problem for me as I usually try to copy my reviews to notepad in case of accidentally eraser.

The most loathsome of all goblins
A couple wonky things that are probably just Firefox being Firefox

1) Clicking on recent posts in the main page often takes me to the end of the second-to-last page instead
2) Everything in "Now Playing" is timestamped at 2 hours ago

1) Clicking on recent posts in the main page often takes me to the end of the second-to-last page instead
Not sure I follow: do you mean New Posts, in the header? Or are you talking about the link on each forum on the home page? If it's the latter, that link takes you to the first one since your previous visit.

2) Everything in "Now Playing" is timestamped at 2 hours ago
Are the time zone settings in your profile correct? It says you're on Central, with Daylight Savings not in effect.

Not sure I follow: do you mean New Posts, in the header? Or are you talking about the link on each forum on the home page? If it's the latter, that link takes you to the first one since your previous visit.
It's the latter, so that makes sense. It's just strange because it shows the avatar and username of the person who posted last yet it takes me somewhere else.
Are the time zone settings in your profile correct? It says you're on Central, with Daylight Savings not in effect.
I have it set to automatically detect DST, should I change it?

It's the latter, so that makes sense. It's just strange because it shows the avatar and username of the person who posted last yet it takes me somewhere else.
Yeah, that is weirdly dissonant now that I think about it. Hmm. I guess it should automatically go to the last post?

I have it set to automatically detect DST, should I change it?
Give it a try and see. But if that accounts for one hour, and you're actually in Texas and listed as CT...that'd account for the two hours, I think. Try changing both and lemme know if that fixes it.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
A couple wonky things that are probably just Firefox being Firefox

That happens to me as well and I dont use firefox. I'm just used to it now.

Give it a try and see. But if that accounts for one hour, and you're actually in Texas and listed as CT...that'd account for the two hours, I think. Try changing both and lemme know if that fixes it.
I fixed it. Thanks!

For some reason all the pictures on the site, like avatars and movie posters, all have the same image. I think of a mac and me poster?

Assassination Nation- (3/4)
Mandy- (3.5/4)