The MoFo Top 100 of the Seventies

→ in
Tools    

We are down to eight weeks, and I am filled with antici-...........
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I coincidentally watched The Rocky Horror Picture Show a few days ago. Tim Curry's performance is memorable to say the least!

Anyway, a small update of my progress:

'70s films that I've recently seen:

Coffy
Foxy Brown
Network
Fantastic Planet
The Candidate
The Last Picture Show
Phantom of the Paradise
The Conversation
Aguirre, the Wrath of God
The Hospital
The Conformist
The Rocky Horror Picture Show
The French Connection

'70s films I have available and that I still want to see before I send in my list:

Barry Lyndon
All the President's Men
A Woman Under the Influence
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Amarcord
California Split
(I only have the DVD cut available, but I'd love to be able to watch the original theatrical cut)
Enter the Dragon
Get Carter
High Anxiety
Le Cercle Rouge
Murder on the Orient Express
Opening Night
The Killing of a Chinese Bookie
Sleuth
Solaris
The Deer Hunter
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie
The Phantom of Liberty
Turkish Delight
Big Wednesday
Night Moves
(after seeing some of Hackman's '70s films, I'm really starting to like him, so I figured I should watch this one too)

My biggest concern is still that I won't be able to find the theatrical 108 minutes cut from California Split and that I'll have to settle with the DVD cut (105 minutes)...

I love how you use the word 'available', Cobpyth

I want to watch these:

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
The Holy Mountain
The Passenger
Barry Lyndon
Solaris
Last Tango In Paris
3 Women
Klute
Little Big Man
The Tenant
Duel
The Hyopthesis of the Stolen Painting
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Scenes from a Marriage
Performance
The Spirit of the Beehive
The Last Detail
A Woman Under the Influence

And a sh*t load of others.

Hitchcockian turned his ballot in, and I've added it to the totals. Seventeen MoFos in, there are now eleven titles that have amassed at least a hundred points each, still just the one over two hundred (your early leader), and a twelfth sitting right at 99 points.

If The China Syndrome is not on this list, I will suffer a rectal prolapse.

How's your list coming, Sci-Fi Slob? By my count, your top hundred list that you posted here on the Forums has fourteen '70s flicks. You add in The China Syndrome, and you only have ten to go to make your twenty-five.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	china.jpg
Views:	1908
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	14871  

How's your list coming, Sci-Fi Slob? By my count, your top hundred list that you posted here on the Forums has fourteen '70s flicks. You add in The China Syndrome, and you only have ten to go to make your twenty-five.

I have way more than 25 that i'd be completely happy with. The 70's was a great decade it seems . I'm actually just about to watch Coming Home followed by What's up, Doc? if i have time.

I have way more than 25 that i'd be completely happy with. The 70's was a great decade it seems . I'm actually just about to watch Coming Home followed by What's up, Doc? if i have time.
Do be careful. Like they tell you at airport, many bags do look alike.

Attachments

Name:	doc.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	14872  

Latest odds from Hitchcockian bookmakers

The Godfather 5/1
Star Wars 11/2
Taxi Driver 8/1
Jaws 10/1
The Godfather II 14/1
Apocalypse Now 14/1
A Clockwork Orange 16/1
Chinatown 25/1
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 25/1
Caberet 33/1

Unregistered User
How many places for an each way bet?

Latest odds from Hitchcockian bookmakers

The Godfather 5/1
Star Wars 11/2
Taxi Driver 8/1
Jaws 10/1
The Godfather II 14/1
Apocalypse Now 14/1
A Clockwork Orange 16/1
Chinatown 25/1
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 25/1
Caberet 33/1

Special treat for those of you in the U.S. who live near a participating theater: there are three '70s films playing in the next Cinemark Classics Series, and they'll screen before the ballots are due.

Sunday June 8th at 2:00pm and Wednesday June 11th at 7:00pm you can see Saturday Night Fever on the big screen. For those of you who have never seen it, I mean, if you're gonna do it, it may as well be while it is projected onto a giant-ass screen with the BeeGees shaking the walls. Those of you under the age of forty-five or so may never have had an opportuinty to see it theatrically, before.

But even cooler, on Sunday June 22nd, you can see both The Godfather and The Godfather Part II ! The Godfather starts at 2:00pm, which means it'll be done about 5:00. You can grab a bite to eat and come back, because Part II starts at 7:00pm, which will have it end around 10:20pm. So if you want to spend the better part of a Sunday watching two of the greatest films ever made on a beautiful, big screen, mark June 22nd on your calendars.

Click HERE to see if a theater in your neck of the woods is screening the series.

And not '70s related, but also playing this round are Back to the Future (May 25 & 28), Raiders of the Lost Ark (June 1 & 4), and Dirty Dancing (June 15 & 18).
Attachments

Name:	snf post.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	14875   Click image for larger version

Name:	god2 deniro.jpg
Views:	1271
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	14876  

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I know this puppy will be WAY up on my alleged list. YouTube didn't have any videos on the monkeys, the deer, the long line, freaky deaky, almonds in the dressing, shooting the car, run!, macho man, etc. Also, I ain't goin' down to Long Beach if your ass needs me.

This thread is full of good.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."