What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

I bought Assassin's Creed on Tuesday and got the Wal-Mart exclusive package that has the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HD w/ a T-shirt.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned."

I bought Assassin's Creed on Tuesday and got the Wal-Mart exclusive package that has the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital HD w/ a T-shirt.
I am hoping that film isn't as bad as what critics say, but I can't bring myself to watch it to find out.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
I am hoping that film isn't as bad as what critics say, but I can't bring myself to watch it to find out.
As a fan of the games, I actually liked it. They came up with a story never used in the games and Michael Fassbender actually did quite well IMO.

As a fan of the games, I actually liked it. They came up with a story never used in the games and Michael Fassbender actually did quite well IMO.
That's good to hear, a lot of the criticisms seemed to do a lot with the surrealism and ridiculousness of the concept, particularly the use of historical figures, which is almost a motif of the Creed series. I'm sad the film didn't do well at the box-office, only grossing about 240 million off a 125 million dollar budget (and probably a substantial marketing budget to go with the production), because I would've liked a franchise. Ubisoft is apparently developing a television series, however, and apparently it will be on Netflix.