1970's Hall of Fame

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Thanks, I'll probably watch or have watched many of the movies.. Maybe I'll wait and send a list..... I can't even control my own movie habits, and I don't do anything half-assedly.

I'm in.

Will send in my nom shortly

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Join Joel!.....You've been a great new member in the 14th Hof, and we need people like you to be enthusiastic about movies and be willing to discuss them, you're a natural at this!

You'll like this Hof too, it has a different 'feel' than the 14th Hof, more laid back and probably will have less people. All of the genre/decades Hofs I've been in have
had really good movies too. I enjoy these Hofs much more than the main one.
I might join! Seems more my pace, and definitely not as nutty as that survivor thread...unless we start roleplaying from a Cassavetes film, like the dinner table scene in Woman under the Influence ;P

I might join! Seems more my pace, and definitely not as nutty as that survivor thread...unless we start roleplaying from a Cassavetes film, like the dinner table scene in Woman under the Influence ;P
Ha no, not Survivor

I went for a fun 70s film, that you probably seen, but something tells me you'll like it. So pick a movie and join!

"A Woman Under The Influence" wasn't my first Cassavetes, but I discovered it on a 70's favorite list... I still don't know recommended it, but I'll always be thankful... There's never been a movie even close to this in terms of originality and quality..

<just got chills thinking of how great Gena Rowlands was... a top 5 performance ever>

"A Woman Under The Influence" wasn't my first Cassavetes, but I discovered it on a 70's favorite list... I still don't know recommended it, but I'll always be thankful... There's never been a movie even close to this in terms of originality and quality..

<just got chills thinking of how great Gena Rowlands was... a top 5 performance ever>
Husbands was my first Cassavetes. No, wait a minute. No, Gloria was my first one, then I worked backwards, ..that's right.

Yeah, Gena Rowlands is a force of nature! I love her!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
OK, I'm in, and really hope my nom hasn't been used already if there have been past 1970's HOF's.
Just checked, you are good to go.

@matt72582 that is FANTASTIC news!! Very cool to see you joining the 70s HoF.

This is getting pretty d@mn exciting now!

OK, I'm in, and really hope my nom hasn't been used already if there have been past 1970's HOF's.
This is a first! There's never been a 1970s Hof, until now.

I have but no idea what I should pick yet though.
I have a spare nom that I can loan ya

I have a question.. Since we only send one nomination, what happens if we select the same movie?

Who in here has seen "A Woman Under The Influence"? for example... I'll try to look at everyone's "Lists" to see what they have already seen, it would be a shame to waste a nomination on a movie everyone has seen, considering the 70s are my favorite decade for movies (and music)

I have a question.. Since we only send one nomination, what happens if we select the same movie?
That's up to the host, Ed. I'm sure he'll answer. I think it's pretty darn rare for two people to pick the same movie.

Who in here has seen "A Woman Under The Influence"? for example... I'll try to look at everyone's "Lists" to see what they have already seen, it would be a shame to waste a nomination on a movie everyone has seen, considering the 70s are my favorite decade for movies (and music)
I've never seen A Woman Under The Influence. Pretty sure Cricket has, maybe Raul and Ed?

I've seen it but it's been since 2008 so watching it again would be like seeing it for the first time, especially with a movie like that!