10+ Minute Song Tournament

Tools    

I don't need any extra noms. Somebody else can have them.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Let the night air cool you off
I don't need any extra noms. Somebody else can have them.
We've already started, bro. The post just got buried as the last one on the page.

OKAY FINALLY! HERE WE GO!

Since the songs are extra long, we will do four matches a day. I'm willing to give voters a little extra time if they needed too, so don't hesitate to ask.

Also of note: I randomized the seeds, so somebody might have their own nominations against each other. It's just part of the game, so that's tough luck.

Round 1, Day 1

1. Boris - Naki Kyoku vs Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do?

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

4. Oasis - All Around the World vs Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra

Let the night air cool you off
My votes:

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim - Both are great, but I went with the one I don't expect to win.

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

R1D1 :

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim ------ hard choice

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last

4. Oasis - All Around the World vs Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra ----- all around the world should effective song if it bit short imo

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Round 1 Day 1

1. Boris - Naki Kyoku vs Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do? - I was never a fan of Frampton despite him having some rad tunes. Boris, on the other hand does this mix of shoegazing with some good ol' 70's rock that I find pleasing to play on the background [as I am right now]

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim - GY!BE is pretty good [in the showgazing department], however - and as much as I'm a Pink Floyd fanboy - Echoes is a memorable composition from the very first "ping" [curio: Andrew Llloyd Webber totally ripped it for the Fantom of the Opera]

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last - no contest possible.

4. Oasis - All Around the World vs Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra - Carouselambra can get a bit annoying due to the abrasive synth/organ but it's such an interesting and lively composition; even when it seems to be several different ideas just put together and hoping it works. Well, it works.

A system of cells interlinked

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim

1. Boris - Naki Kyoku vs Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do? - Not heard of Boris before, pretty good

2. Pink Floyd - Echoes vs Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Monheim - Godspeed is one of my musical passions and if they don't go through I'll cry but I'll still know I made you listen

3. The Temptations - Papa Was a Rolling Stone vs Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand - I've never been a Led Zep fan, but besides that Papa Was a Rolling Stone is a great song from the Motown psychadelic era and has always been a favourite

4. Oasis - All Around the World vs Led Zeppelin - Carouselambra - although I think Oasis should stick to shorter songs, I still like it more than the other one

MC for the Great Underground Circus
Day 2

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live) vs Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia - easy win

Devil Doll - The girl who was death vs Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here - not so easy win. Different beasts.

Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The Edge - \m/ x.x \m/

Camel - Lady Fantasy vs The Doors - When the Music's Over - it's a classic.

OK, those posts got buried on me, too. I didn't read enough to notice that the people who nominated extra songs, actually joined this thread. That's cool! I thought you just let some random people name some extra songs. That would have sucked.

I'll leave that set open until tomorrow, but here is the new set:
I'll be voting on both sets tonight, and I'm starting right after I check in on Chyp's thread. Just in case he needs to finish up for Round 2.

Frampton getting smoked, damnnnn.
Hey, that's me.

I've been looking for your votes, figuring I got your's, and now I have to assume you're not even in this thing. Man, I have got to wake up!!!

Round 1, Day 1

Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like I Do?

Pink Floyd - Echoes

Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

Oasis - All Around the World

This is the best song, out of the entire day 1 set up. Out of curiosity, I had to see who nominated it, and no surprise, it was MoJo. I don't know if you've ever noticed this, but we have a LOT of the same tastes in music. I think I've said that once before. So even though you didn't vote for Frampton, I'll get over it, because if there's anyone out there that votes for my songs more times than not, it's definitely you. Anyways, I'm really wanting to hear the rest of your noms now, but I'll be patient, and check them out when they are posted. Great start!

A system of cells interlinked
1. Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing (Alchemy Live) vs Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia

2. Devil Doll - The girl who was death vs Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere But Not Here

3. Moonsorrow - Pimea vs Yes - Close to The Edge

4. Camel - Lady Fantasy vs The Doors - When the Music's Over

Had to run with my picks on categories 2 and 3, and I abhor The Doors, so pick 4 was a shoe-in for me. Not a Green Day fan either, so Dire Straits it is on pick 1!