"Getting To Know You" Song Tournament

Tools    

I'll even make a separate PM folder for all the lists. And you can start sending them now and if you wanna change your mind about anything, send me a new list.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I said to GB -- I'll collect the songs from everybody and then once they are all in, I'll send a full list of songs to GB, all mixed up so someone's song will be next to someone else's song etc. etc. -- no names will be given to GB -- and then she can use that list to make her rounds.

I don't mind knowing. I'm a spoiler addict. I can do this and still participate in the tournament.

Is this okay with everyone? Does anyone have a problem with SC collecting the noms and passing them along, even though he's in the tournament?

I won't spoil ANYTHING.

Don't believe me? I didn't spoil anything for both of my Top MoFos Countdowns.

Completely up to Gbg, she's running this one. Personally I think it would be better all round if it were someone completely unaffiliated though .... gives as few potential reasons as possible for anyone to 'kick off' imo.
I agree that it would be more fun if it was someone who's not in the tournament.

I won't spoil ANYTHING.

Don't believe me? I didn't spoil anything for both of my Top MoFos Countdowns.
It's not about trust or spoilers. I just don't really see the difference between you getting the noms or me getting the noms. Either way, there's someone in the tournament who knows whose nom is whose.

I think it should be someone who doesn't have a horse in the race.

Not saying you would - but if someone involved in the tournament is also the one that collected nominations it may give another participant cause to start acting up should something happen to upset them with the way songs are drawn against each other. If it's someone neither running nor taking part in the tournament it's one less potential 'stick' to be thrown.
I'm not putting the songs together. That's GB's job. I'm just gonna be a delivery boy. Bringing her the list of songs, but without names attached, and all jumbled up so it's not, like, a list of all of Honeykid's songs, followed by Cricket's, then mine, then yours, etc.

It would help me to figure out what to nominate, too, because I am completely unsure of what to put down. I need others' songs for my own inspiration.

It would help me to figure out what to nominate, too, because I am completely unsure of what to put down. I need others' songs for my own inspiration.

How will knowing other people's noms help you pick your noms? The noms should be about you, not about them.

How about this idea? What if we find someone now, who's willing to post the noms as we go along? They could be posted in a separate thread, with no names. That way you could see the nominations, but you wouldn't know whose nominations are whose.

It would take some extra work by the person who's passing along the nominations, but it might make everyone happy.

Master of My Domain
I could recommend you a few songs, but you'd probably have to login to Youtube to get a listen.

How will knowing other people's noms help you pick your noms? The noms should be about you, not about them.
This is how my mind works. You won't understand.

How about this idea? What if we find someone now, who's willing to post the noms as we go along? They could be posted in a separate thread, with no names. That way you could see the nominations, but you wouldn't know whose nominations are whose.
I think we should just post our songs in this thread and forget the mystery aspect. This is becoming too much trouble for nothing.

I could recommend you a few songs, but you'd probably have to login to Youtube to get a listen.
If they're songs that might have to do with me, I'm definitely interested. But I probably won't use them.

Did you read the first post of this thread? I tried to give ideas of what to think about to come up with your nominations.

Maybe people can give you some more suggestions of how to come up with nominations, without naming any specific songs?

GB, if you really wanna keep the mystery aspect, then let's just send the songs to you and you can know. I just wanna be sure that the person in charge of collection is somebody trustworthy. You are probably the most trustworthy, even more than me, because it's your tournament.

GB, if you really wanna keep the mystery aspect, then let's just send the songs to you and you can know. I just wanna be sure that the person in charge of collection is somebody trustworthy. You are probably the most trustworthy, even more than me, because it's your tournament.

I don't think there's any rush to find someone. Most people don't even know their nominations yet.

I have to leave in a few minutes, but when I get back, I'll post something in the Chill Club thread to see if we can find a volunteer. (If someone wants to post in there while I'm gone, that would be okay too.)

I just want to find someone who's not in the tournament, and who we all agree can do the job properly, and I don't want someone who's already said that they want to join the tournament to drop out to do it.

I don't wanna give my nominations to a random person.... we're talking about very personal songs. It can't be just anyone. This will ruin the whole tournament for me if you pick somebody who's wrong for the job.

I don't wanna give my nominations to a random person.... we're talking about very personal songs. It can't be just anyone. This will ruin the whole tournament for me if you pick somebody who's wrong for the job.

So do you have a suggestion of someone you would trust who might be willing to do it?

I'm on my way out the door, but I'll ask Hubby when he comes home and see if he's interested in doing it.

But I want to make sure that everyone's okay with that suggestion too, because even though I wouldn't have direct access to who nominated what, I still have access to Hubby, and his computer. I wouldn't use it, but I think everyone should be okay with him collecting the noms.

Feel free to discuss it while I'm gone, and I'll see how everyone feels about it when I get back.