Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

Tools    

Lost in never never land
I searched for a thread on this and I didn't see one, but the first trailer is out for this film:

http://www.worstpreviews.com/media.p...&place=trailer

Here is the IMDB info on it: http://imdb.com/title/tt0499448/

The release date is set for the middle of this upcoming May (18th if I remember correctly).
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

sweet... i heard about the trailer but i couldn't find it (didn't really look though) but anyways Prince Caspian is my 2nd favorite narnia book so im looking forward to this

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I wasn't a big fan of the first one, won't bother to see this one either. Or at least bother to pay for it.

Suspect's Reviews

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I thought the first film was decent at best, and was utterly forgettable as well. I won't be checking out the sequel to say the least.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

true the first film itself wasn't all that good ( it was alright), but I read the books when I was younger and i loved them, they were my favorite books then. so i will see this so i can compare to the book

I was let down by The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, but I adore the books and my expectations were probably a bit too high. At the same time, however, it wasn't that I wanted every event in the book chronicled (no pun intended), or that I wanted the dialogue to perfectly match its source. I felt the basic tone of the film was wrong. It morphed into The Lord of the Rings-lite.

Primarily, the problem was that it made the battle its climax and centerpiece, rather than...

WARNING: "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" spoilers below
...Aslan's resurrection.

I was quite pleased with all the actors who played the children, which is surprising, given that there was four of them. I could have done without Tilda Swinton, though. She's an outrageously talented actress, and she had her moments, but I'm still not convinced she was the right choice. As odd as this may sound, The White Witch is supposed to be other-worldly gorgeous. That's one of the reasons people are taken in by her. Granted, that doesn't leave us with many options, but I would have liked to have seen Nicole Kidman in the role. I realize that Kidman would seem like a commerically-motivated choice, but in this case the movie-star good looks are a part of the character.

But, I'm getting off-topic a bit...

To get back to the point: I'm not terribly enthusiastic about Prince Caspian. I'll see it, and surely enjoy it at some points, but most of the same people are working on it, I believe, and there are rumors about some fairly significant character alterations.

That said, I am still tremendously excited about the series in general. As anyone who's read the books knows, they become especially exciting in the third and fourth installments; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair, respectively. They're far and away the most cinematic of the series, and it appears that Adamson will be taking a break after Caspian, so we should have a new director on board.

Those are the ones I really want them to nail. They're just marvelous stories with great narratives, characters, adventures, and even boiled-down (but fairly high-minded) theology interwoven at a few points. If they adapt these two correctly, it'll be a sight to behold.

haven't seen any Narnia movie how many movie does it have now, two?

I generally I like these *types* of films so I will watch it and probably like it a little, hopefully more than The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe. I tend to agree with you Yoda on the way they took the first film, to me it almost appeared like they tried to shy away from the theological undertone as much as they could to try to ride more on the LOTR coat tails. Which to me was a mistake, I enjoyed the books because of the way C.S. Lewis tied in certain religious elements but didn't go overboard with it at the same time.

I haven't watch this yet..but I think I would do just fine!!!

Movie Forums Extra
The first one was great, can't wait for the 2nd and the 3rd! I loved the books as a child!

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
A look at a bunch of new characters were released today

click to view

.....doesn't know what to put here!
I hated the first one, i'll not be seeing this even if i was paid to

trailer was pretty awesome, and it looks like they are going for the "epic battle" audience - which works for me! definitely will see this one, and as has been said, hope they embrace the theological elements at this point.

you think this will ever be as big as the LOTR series?

speaking of which, did you guys hear Del Toro is directing the Hobbit?

-Hattori Hanzo

A system of cells interlinked
The first one was really poorly done, so I doubt I will see this one. They needed to nail the scene when the kids first went through the wardrobe, and the effects were lacking and the stage was poorly done in the first Narnia scene. I just didn't buy any of it. Not even in the same league as LotR as far as craftsmanship is concerned.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
you think this will ever be as big as the LOTR series?

speaking of which, did you guys hear Del Toro is directing the Hobbit?
no, and other topic please