Dracula (1931)
John Carpenter's Vampires
Love at First Bite
The Lost Boys
Salem's Lot
Night Flier
Dracula Dead and Loving It

These are next to be viewed. . .

Nosferatu (1922), Shadow of the Vampire (2000), Horror of Dracula (1958), and Nosferatu (1979). My top ten will change after these have been viewed.
OK, I altered that post a tad. So far, I have only watched one of those . . .

This was very good, but Near Dark, and a few others, still beat it. It's still impossible for me to list these in order, because I like some of them equally.

Fright Night
Near Dark
Dracula (1931)
Dracula (1979)
Shadow of the Vampire
John Carpenter's Vampires
Love at First Bite
The Lost Boys
Salem's Lot
Night Flier

The next time I watch a new Vampire film, it will be Nosferatu (1922), and then "maybe" Nosferatu (1979). It's just rare that I watch remakes, but I do love Dracula (1979).

I liked the movie of the Day Walker Blade always have awesome moves for us watchers!!...

My Fave:

15. Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
One of the earliest "Monster Rallies" I saw as a kid on a local TV frightfest show called "Creature Features". I remember my older brother telling me right before the program started that just because this is called "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" the truth was that all three of the Universal Monsters Top Trio of Terror, Franky, Dracky & Wolfy, would be making an appearance throughout this film.
To which I couldn't help but inquire "All three of 'em? Cool. Who's on first?"

14. From Dusk Till Dawn
It's bad enough when an innocent family finds themselves in the midst of the carnage & blood of a hidden coven of cravenous, murderous vampires,
but then on top of that, they also have to face the snake-cradling Selma Hayek & her absolutely formidable & absolutely perfect puppies.
Dracula can only wish that his eyes were this hypnotic.

13. The Night Stalker
Ah, I have a real soft spot in my heart for horror movies that were made for the TV back during the seventies.
But because of the countless batch that were spawned during this decade, most were crafted from writers who seemed to have gotten their "writer's license" right out of the seventh grade,
only three are worthy enough to include on any of my lists of favorite fright flicks.
Two of 'em, Dead Of Night & Tilogy Of Terror belong on a list of Favorite Demon films. The third one, The Night-Stalker, which eventually would become a TV series, belongs right here.
Never too over the top, but just enough of a touch of camp, a few dabs of bad monster make-up & a pinch of seventies kitsch,
this movie is a recipe that crosses the side of a fine line to make it into my personal cache of warm happy childhood memories.

12. Dracula (1992)
Directed by the man responsible for the Godfather, F.F. Coppola, & starring Gary Oldman, Winona Ryder, Anthony Hopkins, not to mention that one guy from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (a role, in my eyes, that he will never be able to escape from...heheheheh....), Keanu Reeves.
In a most epic flick depicting the "real life" adventures of that most excellent of all vampires,
Dracula, d00d.

11. Near Dark
Half the cast that portrayed the soldiers in Aliens reunite as a gang of vegabonding vampires..
This biker band of bloodsuckers (count how many times I use the term bloodsuckers on this list) (get it...? ......"count"?....) are hardcore.
Unlike many of the wimpy vamps of today, these guys lived up to the descriptions "bloodthirsty", "throat-ripping", "stonecold" & whatever other adjectives were originally attached to their kind since the time of their folkloric ancestors.

10. The Addiction
The subject of addiction has been the theme to many movies. And so has the subject of vampires.
This one tackles both.
In lovely black & white with a few interludes into philosophy....
which, at certain points, kind of left me screaming for blood.
But in the end, the climax resolved itself in manner that found this story back into the genre of horror, with a dash of "brains" added into the mix.
Which was quite nice.
And when I say "nice",
I mean nice by vampire standards.

9. Shadow of the Vampire
Back when the world of cinema was still in it's infancy, how could a director make a film about a vampire at a time when the first CGI special effects won't make an appearance for yet another 70 years?
Easy.
Instead of an actor, hire a real-life vampire for the lead role.
*Insert your own "Hollywood-is-nuthin'-but-a-buncha-bloodsuckers-anyway" type of wisecracking analogy here*

8. Stake Land
Is it my imagination, but doesn't "Stake Land" sound like it could be the name of a franchised beef restaurant?
Anyways,
take the 2009 zombie flick "Zombieland", remove the humor, replace the zombies with mindless vampires, & of course, replace the word "zombie" in the title with the word "Stake", & what you end up with, is this movie.
A bloodsucking apocalypse that I found myself enjoying a bit more than the comparable & much more popular "I Am Legend".

7. Nosferatu the Vampyre
I gotta tell you guys, I hate most remakes.
Or, more specifically, I hate remakes of quality classic films.
There's a reason why a classic is a "classic". If a film is considered a classic, there's very little reason to remake it. Because, most of the time, the remake will never be able to make the kinda mark that the first one did.
I don't even like watching remakes that are generally considered good. Because, even if they're good, for me, they're still not as great as the original. I always felt why should I settle for watching something "good" when I can watch something "great". (I guess that's why you don't see Let Me In on this list....)
As I said at the beginning, I hate most remakes.
Obviously, since this movie is on this list, I'm sure that you've figured out by now that Nosferatu the Vampyre is an example of one of the rare few that I like.
Directed by the stylishly cinematic talents of Werner Herzog, it's no wonder that the updated Nos pays homage to the original quite faithfully, yet with just enough distinction to stand on it's own.

6. Blade
A very insignificant character in the Marvel universe of comicbooks is transformed on the big-screen into a sword-welding, bad-@ss with the fighting skillz that Batman only wishes he possessed. The fight scenes in this movie are a true stand-out for any kind of action movie. Yo, and the story & visuals supercede any comicbook that Blade was ever involved in.
Now this is how all comicbook superhero film adaptations should be approached.
(BTW, even tho as a comicbook movie, I have Blade ranked at #4 ,
as a vampire character, Blade definitely rates as #1.
So, for any vampires out there reading this, I don't care what your position is in the bloodsuckers' heiarchy, Blade would still kick all yo' asses.
Suckas.)

5. Nosferatu
Before there was Lestat, Blade, Eli, that whimpy, waspy whitey, Edward Cullen, or even Dracula* hisself,
there was this guy.
The first vampire ever to be captured on screen & still is, by far, the creepiest looking bloodsucker of all time.

* For all you nick-pickers out there,
yeah, I realize that this film is based off the classic novel of Dracula, but as a film, I'm sure you get the the gist of what I'm saying.

4. Drácula
At the time of this posting, this is a movie that I had just recently watched for the first time.
As I posted in some of my earlier entries, the Universal Movie Monster Trio, Dracula, Frankenstein & The Wolfman are perennial favorites on my TV set every Halloween. I had meant to watch this Spanish version of Dracky for awhile now, especially since TCM tends to show it every once in a while, back to back with it's American counterpart.
Filmed at the same time (literally) as the Bela Lugosi version, this one features the same energy & enthusiasm as it's originator, seems even crisper in appearance (at least, to my eyes), & has more creative camera work than was allowed to the original version. Yet the best part of it all, is that this one is longer in length, but without any sacrfice to it's story quality.
Though, the actor playing Dracula doesn't seem to have the "weight" in his presence that Bela Lugosi did,
over-all, this is still a version of the "rey de los vampiros" that, after finally watching it, makes me feel like I just struck some big time cinema gold.

3. Lost Boys

Okay, let's just forget the vampires in this movie for a second.....
Any movie that can feature a Corey in it, let alone two, & still come off as cool,
well, that would be a movie that surely had to have been touched by the hand of God.
I wouldn't be surprised if the director, Joel Schumacher was actually the Christ in his Second Coming ( I mean seriously.... Jesus did rise from the dead after 3 days, often spoke of drinking his blood, & simple logic would dictate that he would have developed an aversion to wooden crosses....
so, you'know.... it all fits....)

2. Let The Right One In
Good horror movies come so rarely into my life. The same with good vampire movies. And the same also goes for good love stories (I refrain from using the term "romance movies" since I find Hollywood's idea of romance is always so impossibly & ridiculously fairy-tale-like). This movie is 2 outta 3 (Though there is some, it's very light on the horror).
Told more in an adult manner, yet still with enough of an escapist sensibilty that is respective to the genre, this is a soft, beautiful & beguiling story (which is really saying something since I don't know what that word means) of two 12 year olds finding love for the first time thru the flaws of each of their separate (& sometimes desperate) life situations.
The lead actors for this movie portray their characters with a true down to earth awkwardness that is usually found with kids at this age, along with a longing that is both sincere & convincing.
As far as vampire love stories go, I find myself agreeing with those who compare this one with another human-falls-for-bloodfeeder film that was released around the same time :
the 15 year old girls can have their Twilight. I'll take LTROI.

1. Dracula (1931)
Okay, so in the film world, even though Nosferatu came first,
it's well known that it was the tale of the original Count Dracula that Count Orlok was modeled after.
Therefore, when it comes to the big screen, this is 1931 movie is the one that finally brought the one true Master Of The Dead to life.

And I don't care what any of the younger viewers of today might think of the old Count,
as far as I'm concerned, he's still the O.G. of bloodsucking bloodsuckers, suckas.
Sure, maybe his accent & royal sash have been spoofed, satirized & caricaturized to the point some may feel desensitized to his presence on the screen. But there can be no denying that his contributions to the iconography of horror and to pop culture in general, is and will always be "countless".
For instance, we should never forget that if it weren't for him, instead of Count Chocula, that brand of cereal would just be called something like Chocolate Flavored Cereal Wit' Chocolate Flavored Marshmellows In It.
So y'know....
pay 'em his due propers.
Suckas.

Ooo vampires, they are definatly one of my fav. characters in entertainment, all though I have to say I only really like the newer take on them. I don't really fance the whole creatures of the night that are monstours killers with bad make-up(and of course this credit goes to... Hollywood(boo)) Anyway, I think there are more books than movies that I like, but her goes
Movies:
Underworld 1&2
Interview with a vampire
I know it's not out yet but here's my fingers crossing, Twilight
Van Helsing
League...Gentelmen(OK so it only had the one, but still a really good movie)
Books:I just had to list them
not really what their called but. The Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison
Twilight series
TV:
Blood Ties

OK I'm done

The Adventure Starts Here!
I too am looking forward to the Twilight series coming to the big screen. I'm currently reading New Moon (the second in the series). Truly enjoyed Twilight (the first book).....

Registered Creature
My favorite vampire films:

The Lost Boys
Salem's Lot (1979)
30 Days of Night
Vampires
The Night Flier
Blade

I thought I would raise this thread from the grave.

The only vampire movies that I have seen (and I have many) that I would call "good":

30 Days of Night (2007)
Near Dark (1987)
Nosferatu (1922)
Shadow of the Vampire (2000)

Have you seen Dreyer's Vampyr, GOM?

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I love Werner and Klaus - but I have not seen Werner's Nosferatu (I am ashamed to say).

Nosferatu-A masterpiece(1922)
Bram Stokers Dracula-Very good except for Keanu Reeves horrible British accent
Vampire Hunter D-For anime fans,really cool and gory
Interview With The Vampire-pretty good,but strays kinda far from the book IMO
Fright Night-a must see
The Lost Boys-I just watched this again the other night-G4

And on a side note,has anyone seen Kronos?Directed by G DelToro.It sounds really good from what I've read,but very hard to find.

And on a side note,has anyone seen Kronos?Directed by G DelToro.It sounds really good from what I've read,but very hard to find.
It's been years since I saw Guillermo del Toro's Cronos, his first feature length film. I remember liking is a lot, but it doesn't quite measure up to the brilliance of The Devil's Backbone. Lots better than Mimic, though.

EDIT: In the vampire film genre, it's right up there, providing a unique take on vampirism,

Oooh for shame no-one has mentioned Romero's superb Martin.

Anyway, some of my favourites in no particular order.

Note: The absence of The Lost Boys is not an accident.

EDIT: I almost forgot these...

Vampire films can fascinate and annoy with equal measure.

Hmmm.....A, no order, Top 15:

"Nosferatu" (silent)
"Interview with the Vampire"
"Blade"
"Dracula" (1931)
"Salem's Lot" (Original TV series)
"Vampire Lovers"
"Twins of Evil"
"Martin"
"Near Dark"
"From Dusk Till Dawn"
"Sundown:The Vampire in Retreat" (WHERE'S THE LOVE???)
"The Hunger"
"Vamp"
"Blade 2"
"Vampyres"

That was really hard actually. So many bland or bad Vamp films.

I found this version of Dracula very amusing

It`s not very much a film based on a cliché like other Dracula films, and the acting is very good, but the film is average all in all. Btw, the whole twilight saga, at least for me, sucks big time, it`s sort of a vampire movie made especially for teen girls who have problems and are misunderstood, I hate the whole thing, it`s and insult for vampire films.

"Sundown:The Vampire in Retreat" (WHERE'S THE LOVE???)
I used to own the old Vestron big box of this, but sold it on because I wasn't keen at the time. The only things I liked about it were the wooden bullets idea, and the three ZZ Top-a-like guys drinking plasma shakes (which I thought was pretty funny). I'm kinda regretting selling it now though because chances are I'd probably be more appreciative of it now. Who knows I might pick up the dvd in future.

someone should start a sister thread about the worst/most awful vamp movies. now theres a list to reckon with. At the top of mine - Bloodrayne.

As soon as Daybreakers gets released, I highly suggest everyone see it. It is one of the best vampire films of the past decade, and one of the few intelligent ones in recent memory.