TCM - Had to cut the cord...

Tools    

TCM was the only channel we watched on the local "standard" 100 channel cable contract. When I reduced it to the "economy" 20 channel choice, naturally I lost TCM. But the savings will be $63 per month.

I love TCM dearly, but it seemed too costly to pay $15 per week just for that channel. There may be other ways to access it..... I wish they'd offer a direct subscription (like Netflix, Amazon, e.g.), but a person still has to have an expensive cable program to get it.

Might have to add it back in the Fall for college football.

~Doc

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
TCM was the only channel we watched on the local "standard" 100 channel cable contract. When I reduced it to the "economy" 20 channel choice, naturally I lost TCM. But the savings will be $63 per month.

I love TCM dearly, but it seemed too costly to pay $15 per week just for that channel. There may be other ways to access it..... I wish they'd offer a direct subscription (like Netflix, Amazon, e.g.), but a person still has to have an expensive cable program to get it.

Might have to add it back in the Fall for college football.

~Doc

Doc, you might want to check if there are other cable companies in your area that have cheaper plans with TCM in lower packages. Some of these companies have plans and prices on their web site, so you can find out your options just by entering your zip code on their web sites.

My co-op recently changed to a lower plan with Spectrum, and we lost a few channels, (nothing that we watched anyway), but we still have TCM, and we're saving almost $50 per month by dropping to a lower tier. We even got a few extra movie channels in the switch.

Doc, you might want to check if there are other cable companies in your area that have cheaper plans with TCM in lower packages. Some of these companies have plans and prices on their web site, so you can find out your options just by entering your zip code on their web sites.

My co-op recently changed to a lower plan with Spectrum, and we lost a few channels, (nothing that we watched anyway), but we still have TCM, and we're saving almost $50 per month by dropping to a lower tier. We even got a few extra movie channels in the switch.
Thanks for the suggestion, GB. I'll check it out. Seems to me I did investigate that awhile back, but there are not all that many choices here on the Dixie Riviera..

I already miss listening to Ben Mankiewicz's commentary, and also that cute little Aussie gal. And I especially enjoyed host Eddie Muller in the "Noir Alley" presentations.

~Doc