The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

@Captain Steel I don't know if this will help...but I know of a couple people who have gotten the dealership to take care of faulty repairs. In your favor, you just had your car in for the SAME not starting problem that it has now. 'The squeaky wheel gets greased.' I'd call them ASAP and let them know your car has the SAME problem as what you brought it in for $2,250 worth of repairs (BUT I wouldn't accuse them of doing unnecessary repairs). Start out firm and have what you want to say planned out. KEEP COMPLAINING until they take the car back in.

I have my fingers crossed for you. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks Rules!

Did exactly what you said.

They're closed now until Monday - but I left 2 messages - one shortly after it wouldn't start to let them know I'd just picked it up yesterday and now I was stranded because it wouldn't start, and two after the tow truck left (to let them know the car would definitely be there).

On both I expressed how the car had been in to have the starting problem repaired and how it now wouldn't start.

On the second message which I left after I got home (another long story) - I expressed how disheartening it was to have the car repaired for this problem at extensive cost (which I recited again in the message) and in their care for 8 days, only to have the same exact problem immediately after the first time I drove it less than a day later.

Thanks for responding!

You ready? You look ready.
Last night I had a nightmare: I was at my ex-bestfriend's house having dinner with him and his family and, while I didn't mind that he wasn't talking to me because I think I have finally accepted he wants nothing to do with me, I found myself having an awesome conversation with his mom (she always treated me better than my own). And when I awoke to find it was a dream I was hit with the most profound wave of sadness since I got cut out of his life, and I think I finally found the root of why I was so devastated by it. He had let me into his life/family in a way that I was almost an extension of it, and now that I don't have them to lean on old wounds have been torn open.

So yeah, I had a heavy cry, prayed a little, and then tried to go to sleep to no avail. And I haven't been able to shake this all day long. I'm just thankful I haven't broken down in front of my coworkers.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Here's another for you.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I feel awful. Not sure what to do to make it stop.

@cat_sidhe, I know how you feel. I've been feeling down for the past few months. My mom died in January, and my rabbit, who was like a child to me, died a few days later. I've been feeling kind of lost since then.

I haven't been feeling up to going to pet stores to look at rabbits, (and with Easter, they've been everywhere I turn), but as soon as I'm up to it, my plan is to get a new bunny. There's nothing like the feeling of a cute little bunny hug.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-bunny-hug.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	53559  

@cat_sidhe -
First thing you need to do is change that scary clown avatar - it's making people not want to hug you!

But here's one anyway ((())).

P.S. What seems to be the problem?

Hugs to you both, cat and gbg.

Would it make you feel better to know that your presence really livens up the place @cat_sidhe.
So even if you can't feel happy right now, know that you make others happy. And you're funny to boot. Please try to recall that part of yourself.

And you have a warmth @gbgoodies that comes across in every post. Perhaps you feel, right now, that all the warmth in life left with your mom, and rabbit, but it's there within you too. The grief from this type of loss lessens with time. Someday you will be able to look at a picture of your mom, and your bunny, and just smile for their memory.

In the meantime, cry if you need to, but strive to find joy where ever you can. I don't know if it works for eveyone, but I find a walk in natures beauty to be uplifting and restorative.

Thanks, guys Hug to everyone.

@gbgoodies I'm so sorry to hear that. That's a very heavy blow. Double blow. *hugs*
@Captain Steel I suppose a vicious clown image does't help much, except make me feel right for the horror countdown. I can't really talk about what's getting me down, that seems to have the opposite effect on me.
@lenslady I'll try to remember that. I don't feel funny at all at the moment. Might do something wild this weekend to remind myself of who I am. I'll try not to get arrested.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@cat_sidhe

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

What a great thread to share problems.
Life hasn't been very good for me recently, I found out my partner had been cheating, I picked up on the signs straight away, things like closing the laptop when i entered the room, having fone upside down so I couldn't see silent text messages coming through, even listening to Justin Bieber songs which I now find funny! Turned out the person my other half was cheating with has a teenage daughter who played Justin Bieber so much it rubbed off on my cheating partner.
Anyway whatever crap life throws at you there will always be light at the end of the tunnel. I've seen my light and I'm getting back on track. 😉