18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

6th Place

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - 83 points
(11,9,8,8,7,7,7,7,3,3,2,1)

Another film that was somewhat polarizing, Snow White had similar support at the top and bottom of 2/3rds of the ballots. It's important to note what a large jump in scoring from 7th to 6th this ended up being This also had the reverse of the next film with 8 ballots having it on the lower half and 4 on the higher half.

And Yam's run of predictions keeps on keeping on

All right, honestly better than I thought it would do. I had it at #1 of course.

I had Snow White at 8. Maybe if I had already seen it before I could've gotten some nostalgic value out of it but that was not the case.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
not too shabby a spot for Snow White, I was on the positive end of the polarizing spectrum at #3.
I've wondered if nostalgia plays a really hefty sway or would I have easily enjoyed this if it was a recent view for me.
I think nostalgia has a rather fair amount but not an over abundance. Because it IS an enjoyable flick for me and the artwork (hand painted cells) is a beauty to behold.

I was very glad to see Snow White as a nom. Anytime we get a wide array of films from different eras that's a plus for me...and it's a classic Disney that believe it or not I had never seen But I have now and I liked it enough to give it a #7 on my voting list.

5th Place

The Little Stranger - 87 points
(11,9,8,7,6,5,5,5,5,4,3,2)

The Little Stranger was rock solid in fifth place, with the vast majority of the ballots either having it in fifth or close to it. What's really interesting is that while it didn't receive a single first place vote and only 1 second place vote all of those fifth place finishes added up and pushed it ahead of films that were certainly more polarizing. 8 ballots had this on the upper half with 4 on the lower half.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Snow White was my #7. It's pretty but singing princesses just aren't my thing.
you say that, but. . . I don't know. . .

deep down beneath that rugged exterior --
AFTER beating up the princess and a few drinks in. . .

maybe, just maybe

if no one's looking

a chorus or two may slip out from you

I had the Little Stranger at #7... or at least I thought I did.

The Little Stranger was my #6. It had its problems but I liked it well enough.

you say that, but. . . I don't know. . .

deep down beneath that rugged exterior --
AFTER beating up the princess and a few drinks in. . .

maybe, just maybe

if no one's looking

a chorus or two may slip out from you

Not a chance. Singing rats, on the other hand...

4th Place

Perfect Blue - 93 points

(11,8,8,8,4,4,4,4,4,3,2,1)

Log this one into another case of the ballots telling the story, five people had Perfect Blue in fourth place and that's where it ended up in. Perfect Blue is the start of the winners group for me as all four of the top four could have won had it not been for some minority voting blocks.

I didn't like Perfect Blue, it's not a case of not liking anime as there are several animes that I consider to be master pieces. But just didn't like the confusing way the story was put together. I had it at #11