18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Had Brimstone at 10. Not a fan of it.

Abandon Ship quite solid and I had it at 6.

My predictions are still accurate.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I often don't vote my own movie nom #1 but I did this time as I thought Abandon Ship presented a compelling moral dilemma...Do you kill people in a crisis so that other's can live? Not many movies have the guts to examine that issue. I'll be the first to admit that it was not a well polished film, but the heart of it was intriguing to me.

8th Place
The Square - 73 Points
(11,11,10,9,9,8,7,6,4,4,2,2)

The Square could have really been renamed the curve because it scored in almost an exact bell curve.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
that is a wide spectrum of reactions.
I had it at #8.

The Square was my #7. Just didn't engage me like I thought it would.
Also still correct when it comes to predictions.

The more I think of The Square, the more I like it...but it was a hard watch as it was so long that I got real frustrated with it and my #9th place vote reflects that. Had I waited to send in my voting list I might have moved it up a notch or two.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Anytime someone connects with my nom, it's a bright spot. Glad you got something out of Abandon Ship.
like you, I liked the synopsis of it and there were some shining moments and, can't remember the character's name, but she was a socialite who made some great life comments.

7th Place
Bubba Ho-Tep - 74 Points

(11,11,10,8,8,7,7,7,6,5,1,1)

While it wasn't as bad as Abandon Ship or Split, 33% of Bubba's points came from 2 ballots and yet it still ended up finishing at it's rough median point in 7th place.

like you, I liked the synopsis of it and there were some shining moments and, can't remember the character's name, but she was a socialite who made some great life comments.
Yeah, it was the woman socialite that helped make the film special for me too.