18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
What I'm curious to see if first and second place are very close or a distinct spread.

Well let's get the first one out of the way...in 12th place

SPLIT

12th Place

Split - 26 points

(12,12,12,12,12,12,12,12,11,11,10,2)

Well the group definitely wasn't split on Joel's choice, Joel's pick ended up with 8 last place finishes which was the most common selected position of any ballot. 1 ballot managed to count for 42% of Split's points

I think if we had a better copy of the movie Split might have done better. The copy on youtube was hard for me to even make out what was going on.
Me too, it was annoying to even watch the bad quality... but I don't think that would have changed my opinion of it too much.

11th Place

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - 53 points
(12,12,11,11,10,9,9,8,8,7,3,3)

The 11th place scorer actually managed to score twice as much as the 12th place finisher. ELAIC averaged in the 9th place range yet because so many picks were polarizing it ended up at 11th.

Well that was obvious. Can see why someone would like it though. I personally had it at 11.

EL&IC was my number 12. Did not like it at all.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I didn't despise Extremely Loud... but didn't love it either, had it at #9.

10th Place

Brimstone - 66 points

(12,10,10,10,10,9,8,6,6,5,3,1)

Well the mode tended to tell the story of Brimstone as it registered 4 10th place finishes and that's where it ended up. Brimstone was actually doing well until a late push from our 9th place finisher bumped it down.

Was one of the four that had Brimstone at #10. Thinking about it, I probably liked it more than Extremely Loud, my #9, but it wouldn't have made a difference anyways.

9th Place
Abandon Ship! - 70 points

(11,10,10,10,9,9,8,7,6,3,2,1)

47% of Abandon Ship! points came from 3 ballots. So even though it shared the same median as Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and Brimstone it was able to beat those titles due to that strong minority support.