18th Mofo Hall of Fame

Tools    

List is in, sorry for the hold up.

should be a HoF for a single film and see which half wins. 1st half of 2nd half.

M. Night AShamalamadingdong could win maybe, with his own film. But still lose. Makes sense to me.

Okay let me know when you wish for the reveal...Tuesday's, Thursday's and Saturday's are no good for me

Wednesday 8 EST
Friday 3 EST
Sunday 8 EST

Or I can partition it out over the week

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Wednesday is good, though if need be I come in after the party if more folks go for Friday afternoon.

Friday would work best for me there.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

I'm good with any of those, Wednesday and Sunday would probably work best though.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close is a paradox of a film, can a movie that is about grief be emotionally manipulative. The film is the story of Oskar a young boy with some sort of mental issue (we're guessing Asperger's) who upon losing his father during the 9/11 terrorist attacks goes on a journey to find a missing key and how it relates to his father.

Often times the story is incredibly difficult to tell and you can see all the literary devices that translate to the film. This is both a good and bad thing and well it's sort what I loved about this movie. It's got a degree of schlock but underneath the emotions are messy and difficult to deal with. And once again it's befitting the subject matter but what makes this a great film to me is that it's not just merely an exercise in grief and mental issues but it's told with a gloss that pushes you into this world.

You don't need the score, the shot on location and the massive cast of big name supporting figures but it works really well here. As someone who was in New York on 9/11 I felt like the film did an excellent job capturing the psychology of the people post 9/11. So while the lead character is deeply flawed I can understand the why so much so I'm going to go ahead and go against the group and give this

@edarsenal, @Joel, @pahaK, @Citizen Rules, @neiba, @Miss Vicky, @ahwell, @rauldc14, @Nathaniel, @Yam12, @MovieMeditation

Well first and foremost congrats everyone finished this Hall, the reveal will come tonight at 8 PM eastern time. The results were shall we say very interesting. So feel free to guess what the order is..here's four questions to leave you pondering.

1. While 6 of the films were between 2 points one film ended up edging over another by a single point.
  2. Only four films received last Place votes..guess which four films.
  3. Four other films ended up receiving multiple 1st place votes guess which ones those were.
  4. What do you think the order is.

I'm excited to see the results I'll try and be here for the reveal it's always fun!

Only four films received last Place votes..guess which four films.
Split, Abandon Ship, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Brimstone

Four other films ended up receiving multiple 1st place votes guess which ones those were.
The King of Comedy, Road to Perdition, Perfect Blue, The Florida Project

What do you think the order is. I suck at guessing the order, so I'll just say:
1The King of Comedy
2 Road to Perdition
3 The Florida Project

Only four films received last Place votes..guess which four films.
Split
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Brimstone
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (unfortunately, although I'm hoping otherwise)

Four other films ended up receiving multiple 1st place votes guess which ones those were.
King of Comedy
The Florida Project
Road to Perdition
Perfect Blue

What do you think the order is.
1. The King of Comedy
2. Road to Perdition
3. The Florida Project
4. Perfect Blue
5. Bubba Ho-Tep
6. The Little Stranger
7. Brimstone
8. Abandon Ship
9. The Square
10. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
11. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
12. Split

1. The King of Comedy
2. Road to Perdition
3. The Florida Project
4. Perfect Blue
5. Bubba Ho-Tep
6. The Little Stranger
7. Brimstone
8. Abandon Ship
9. The Square
12. Split
That's a strong guess, and I bet you're very close. I'd guess the same, but I think Snow White will be a bit higher and Bubba Ho-Tep lower.

1. The King of Comedy
2. Road to Perdition
3. The Florida Project
4. Perfect Blue
5. Bubba Ho-Tep
6. The Little Stranger
7. Brimstone
8. Abandon Ship
9. The Square
12. Split
That's a strong guess, and I bet you're very close. I'd guess the same, but I think Snow White will be a bit higher and Bubba Ho-Tep lower.
Yeah, towards the end I’m not so sure but I think the top 4 are pretty solidly going to get in high spots.

This is a tough HOF to predict. There's a clear loser among the bunch but I'm not so sure about the winner. Random guess:

1. The King of Comedy
2. Road to Perdition
3. Perfect Blue
4. Snow White
5. The Little Stranger
6. The Florida Project
7. Abandon Ship
8. Bubba Ho-Tep
9. The Square
10. Brimstone
12. Split