Pixar Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
never much for Antz myself. Seen it a couple of times, never did much for me.

To @ahwell: I'll echo everyone else and if @Gideon58 decides to join in anyway, I'd love to have him. Loved reading his reviews in the Musical HoFs. Would even be okay to extend the deadline of May 1 to assist him in watching all the movies.

Also, as much of a Pixar fangirl as I am and as much as I enjoyed this HOF, I'm not in favor of a second one - at least not anytime soon. Sure there are some really great movies from the studio that weren't nominated, but I'd be much more interested in a second animated movies HOF. This way people could nominate Pixar if they wanted to without being restricted to choosing among the leftovers or nominating something that was already nominated this time.

Also, as much of a Pixar fangirl as I am and as much as I enjoyed this HOF, I'm not in favor of a second one - at least not anytime soon. Sure there are some really great movies from the studio that weren't nominated, but I'd be much more interested in a second animated movies HOF. This way people could nominate Pixar if they wanted to without being restricted to choosing among the leftovers or nominating something that was already nominated this time.
I agree, a wider choice of animation with a A Second Animation HoF may be more ideal since it has been over a year and a half since the first one.

never much for Antz myself. Seen it a couple of times, never did much for me.

To @ahwell: I'll echo everyone else and if @Gideon58 decides to join in anyway, I'd love to have him. Loved reading his reviews in the Musical HoFs. Would even be okay to extend the deadline of May 1 to assist him in watching all the movies.
Yeah, I mean, if everyone is okay with it, I'd still be completely be okay with that, and would be willing to extend the deadline as well.

I'm still hoping we can do another Sci Fi HoF one of these days.
I do believe we're patiently waiting for @CosmicRunaway to find the appropriate amount of time to host - which should be a lot of fun to do and to have her as host.

I do believe we're patiently waiting for @CosmicRunaway to find the appropriate amount of time to host - which should be a lot of fun to do and to have her as host.
I'm not exactly great at judging overlaps with the HoF schedules, so if anyone had any suggestions as to when a good time to start the sci-fi one would be, I'd appreciate that.

I'm not exactly great at judging overlaps with the HoF schedules, so if anyone had any suggestions as to when a good time to start the sci-fi one would be, I'd appreciate that.

C'mon now obviously May Fourth

I'd say right now or very soon is the perfect time. The 18th HoF will be over tonight, the Pixar HoF is just about done. The Comedy Hof just started but IMO two somewhat different HoFs can easily run at the same time. I know we've done that before.

Mostly it's whenever you have the time and feel like it I have a short list of sci fi noms so I'm ready to go. Maybe Rodent will join he loves sci fi.

@Nathaniel @Yam12 @rauldc14 I'm sure you are all on it, but just a quick reminder that there two weeks left (fourteen days), with fifteen reviews left to write.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Finding Nemo

Animation that is done to perfection. Will always be a favorite film that does everything right for me. The most beautiful animation film to date with great sound and voice performances as well as a story for the ages.

It starts out with Marlin and his wife looking forward to a life together with their multitude of kids only to find out an ocean attack has reaked havoc on Marlins family. The lone survivor being his son with a bad fin Nemo. The two grow to be quite weary of ocean life, although Nemo has a sense of adventure which ultimately leads to him becoming a captive of P Sherman.

Frantically searching for his son, Marlin runs into a forgetful fish named Dory, excellently voice casted by Ellen DeGeneres. He battles sharks, piranhas, whales and jellyfish to find his son, overcoming his fear of the ocean and the world he lives in.

It's a film that teaches a lesson about the importance of bonding for me. Never forget what you have. A film that can make you laugh smile and cry all within 100 minutes.

Of course like I said I think the visuals are perhaps the best of any animation film period. Or it could just be my love of the ocean world, but it all just comes together beautifully.

The great small characters are the icing on the cake, a great cast that voices all these sea creatures with Willem Dafoe probably my favorite in his small role.

A perfect Pixar.

+

The Incredibles (2004)

It's been so long since I'd seen this so it's nice to revisit it and pick up on things that I'd obviously forgotten or missed. The Incredibles behave and act like your everyday family but how it connects is the way that they mesh that together within the out there superhero context. That's why I found it so entertaining and above all interesting.

Mr. Incredible is in a midlife crisis stage where he has nostalgia for a time gone by. Boredom and unfulfillment with his place in life. He's the everyman that wouldn't be out of place in another genre. Elastigirl the mother trying to hold things together and easily the smartest of the bunch. Dash's competitiveness that is held back to enforced mediocrity to fit in. Violet's desire to fit in but like her ability she sort of blends into the background socially.

That links into how these characters are relatable, likeable and fun to watch. Supported by well done action sequences, a memorable villain, great supporting characters and gags that work. But not just with the Incredibles themselves as Samuel L. Jackson's Frozone and Brad Bird's Edna cracked me up quite a bit as well.

One of Pixar's best.

There are now seven days (one week) until the deadline, with 13 reviews left.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I watched Toy Story yesterday so only Up left for me to tackle next week as I work Weds-Saturday weekly.

Also I'd be good with Pixar part two down the road in like 5 years when five more films come out but other than that I would wait.

Animation part 2 will be cool.