Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

★★★★★
Words can't express how much I loved this film.
When Victoria Page (Moira Shearer) dances "The Red Shoes" in the middle of the film, tears started to roll over my face, I was so amazed, so happy to see that perfomace. An achievement that is just possible in cinema! So beautiful!

Totally agree with you about this movie, I gave it the same rating you did.

Wuthering Heights (1939)

I could possibly love it if I watch it again. There's plenty of beautiful misery to go around, just what I like. It took me some time to get into it, and I thought the first 40 minutes or so felt rushed. The cast is great yet some of the acting seemed a bit theatrical at times. I could do without the supernatural element but overall it's a great story.

Ex Machina
(2014)

Sorry everyone, I really wanted to like this more. I can't call it Villeneuve's best though. This movie was good, but it didn't do anything outstanding to make me consider it one of the best A.I. movies. I enjoyed Aritifical Intelligence much more. Maybe it's because I work in the tech industry and read books about it, but I feel like the plot went exactly how I expected it to. This was enjoyable, but I can't expect myself to be thinking about this movie a month from now.

Ex Machina
(2014)

Sorry everyone, I really wanted to like this more. I can't call it Villeneuve's best though. This movie was good, but it didn't do anything outstanding to make me consider it one of the best A.I. movies. I enjoyed Aritifical Intelligence much more. Maybe it's because I work in the tech industry and read books about it, but I feel like the plot went exactly how I expected it to. This was enjoyable, but I can't expect myself to be thinking about this movie a month from now.
Oh good. I wanted to like it too, but the dialogue was sophomoric - couldn’t finish it. Philosophically weak, self-conscious, boring.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Along Came the Devil (B+): From first time director Jason DeVan comes this 21st century take on The Exorcist with a twist and inspired by events as told by DeVan, who told me about those influences in an interview I took with him. The reason to see the film is lead actress Sydney Sweeney, who plays Ashley as a high schooler who after a very troubled childhood, attempts to return to normal life when she lives with her aunt only to slowly undergo a change after she is convinces she hears her long lost mother.

It would have got five but Tilda Swinton was wasted, needed more of that pug!

Oh and I'm getting annoyed, every little thing now is getting someone moaning about racial stereotyping/cultural appropriation. Like this film got, there is nothing in it that should offend anyone!

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Ex Machina
(2014)

I agree. I don't think its Villeneuve's best either.

Jackals

A family take back their son from a cult who then warns them that his new family will be coming for them and will "bathe in their blood".. I liked the cult in this and was interested in their hold over the son and the family's attempts to bring back him back (with the help of Stephen Dorff who was good here I thought) I cared for all the characters and liked the ending and just over 80 minutes, it didnt drag on

Oh, Susanna! (1936)

I watched this because it's on the top 100 westerns list. It probably doesn't belong there, but I wonder if maybe they just wanted Gene Autry represented. He's very convincing in this movie playing himself, as I would hope. He gets attacked by a criminal who steals his identity, and then of course he is mistaken for the criminal. It's a harmless and likable enough 55 minutes.

Marathon Man. A postgrad student (Dustin Hoffman), who is oblivious to the activities of his older brother (Roy Scheider), who he believes to be an ordinary businessman, finds himself dragged into a terrifying conspiracy involving millions in stolen diamonds and an ageing Nazi war criminal (Laurence Olivier) in this cracking mid-70s thriller. I've seen this once before like 20 years ago, but I couldn't really remember it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great film. Looks fantastic on Blu ray as well.

This was a documentary I watched recently... I highly recommend it.. but some of the images are shocking

4/5