Like or dislike?

Tools    

I am a big Tarantino fan, but casting DiCapio is the dumbest thing he ever did. That character deserved so much more.

He was horrible in Django.
We have a major disagreement about that then, I guess.
I thought he gave one of the most brilliantly entertaining villain performances in quite some time in Django Unchained.

You can't deny, either, that he always looked constipated in Inception.

I am a big Tarantino fan, but casting DiCapio is the dumbest thing he ever did. That character deserved so much more.
Never heard anyone say this before. I thought everyone loved him as Calvin Candie. He nailed it, in my opinion. It's one of my favorite performances of DiCaprio and also one of my favorite performances in a Tarantino movie.

He made his best casting decision in Inglorious Basterds, then his worst casting decision in his very next film.

Originally Posted by Swan
DiCaprio was merely adjusting to Nolan's style.
He wasn't bad in that movie or anything, though.

He's way too serious in Inception, to the point where it's over the top. I f*cking loved that movie when it came out, but two things bugged me - spouting the "10 percent of our brain" myth, and DiCaprio's performance.

He made his best casting decision in Inglorious Basterds, then his worst casting decision in his very next film.
First your comment about Lindsey Buckingham's equipment yesterday and now this. You're dead to me, Swan.

(Kidding, obviously. But still all this anti Leo stuff is extremely disappointing)

He looks like he's squeezing one out there. He always looks like he's about to burst a blood vessel when he gets angry.

First your comment about Lindsey Buckingham's equipment yesterday and now this. You're dead to me, Swan.

(Kidding, obviously. But still all this anti Leo stuff is extremely disappointing)
I probably come off as hating DiCaprio more than I actually do. I just think he's really overrated.

God, even in just that shot, he's trying way too hard.
You're a full-blooded DiCaprio hater, Swan. He's merely using some of his astounding charisma in that shot.

I'd rank him a close #2 on my list of favorite actors right now (that spot used to be taken by Russell Crowe, but he's been in a bunch of crappy movies recently). I think DiCaprio is incredibly talented. I've always admired his acting since seeing him in Gilbert Grape and ever since Blood Diamond I've admired other things about him as well.

That's not charisma. He playing a smug a**hole, that's it. Whatever is good about Calvin Candle is entirely due to Tarantino's writing. I like the Calvin Candle character, I think he's great, but I think DiCaprio did a terrible job of portraying him.

That's not charisma. He playing a smug a**hole, that's it. Whatever is good about Calvin Candle is entirely due to Tarantino's writing. I like the Calvin Candle character, I think he's great, but I think DiCaprio did a terrible job of portraying him.
Alright, I think his performance was genius. I'm glad most people agree with me.
Leo DiCaprio was freaking badass in Django Unchained. It's one of the most memorable performances of the decade so far.