School of Rock

→ in
Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
True...if it on the CD, I might go ahead a pick it up.

Does anyone know where I can find guitar tabs for this movie online? I am a huge fan of this movie. I LOVED IT!! I've had the title song stuck in my head for a week. Thanx to all for your help.

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Kong
School of Rock was a ton of fun! It's great to see a cast who are really enjoying themselves, and Jack Black is obviously having a ball, as are the very talented young kids whose excitement at being in a movie is palapable.

The film is written by Mike White (The Good Girl), and directed by Richard Linklater (Before Sunrise, Waking Life, etc.). Both are quite talented, and here they really let it rip. The film is exuberant, off-the-wall, and very funny. It has a few peaks and valleys, but Kong was smiling or laughing pretty much throughout the whole movie.

Go see it!
I just thought I'd bump this back up since I've just seen it a couple of times on video.

This was so much fun to watch...especially with the kids. I wasn't crazy about Jack Black in Shalllow Hal, so I wasn't sure what to expect....but I loved him in this. I also loved Joan Cusack and the kids. Definately fun to watch with the family.

i must agree this was a great movie for everyone young and old , i recommend it to anyone looking for a good family or comedy movie ...i haven't been a fan of jack black in the past although he wasn't half bad in shallow hal ...but he was so much fun in this movie
"ah oh miss. lemings must be on crack right kids "
"and 54 is a 45 more than what is the answer martha" , "9", "no its 8"
no its 9" "yes i was testing u its ninnneeee....and thats a magic numbaaa
its gold
thanx
rogers guy

waterisforcowards,waterma kesyouweak
this movie wasn't that great
Jack Black is the shiz and all but, this was one of his worst performances.
Good ones Shallow Hal, Saving Silverman.

Originally Posted by reservoirdogs
this movie wasn't that great
Jack Black is the shiz and all but, this was one of his worst performances.
Good ones Shallow Hal, Saving Silverman.

i agree with shallow hal he was good but c'mon saving silverman pls
i was just saying that it was a good film for a family flick or a decent comedy..im not saying it was the best film of the year its just my opinion from working at a video rental store,I would recommend it !

I thought School of Rock was an excellent film.

This was a great movie--very fun and appreciate-able in a late 20s, early 30s something way. Jack Black has a way of encapsulating failure and making it look fun. Gotta love the guy! (And it always helps to have JOAN CUSAK!) She does a really good snide humor.

Am I the only one who wanted the girlfriend OUT????? I wanted to reach in the screen and strangle her myself. .. .

School of Rock was a very good movie. Of course it's dictating what we already know that great rock music began and ended in the 60's & 70's today its a whole lot of mega size superstars of empty music.
I loved this movie.

So true. The new alternative/modern rock is edgy and interesting in new, different way, though, wouldnt you say? Rock music will never be quite like "that" again. The nice thing about music is that its timeless.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jrs
Jack Black can be really funny when the tiime's right. School of Rock was not one of his best though.
I'd give it
out of
Wow, that's a surprise. Becuase you usually give every new movie you see
out of
. Seriously jrs, you really overrate every movie you see.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
..you really overrate every movie you see.
I just watch them and let you know what I think. Why is it a surprise????? I don't rave for every single feature film.
When I rate films, I rate them how I see them and like them....there is no such thing as overrating them.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by jrs
I just watch them and let you know what I think. Why is it a surprise????? I don't rave for every single feature film.
When I rate films, I rate them how I see them and like them....there is no such thing as overrating them.
Jrs, you give films like King Arthur, I, Robot, Anchorman, and The Notebook a near perfect rating. And then you give perfect masterpiece ratings to: Napolean Dynamite, Spider-Man 2, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I mean come on Jrs, very rarely does a new film appear that is even close to being perfect, and I mean really, are films like Spidey 2, Potter, and Napolean really that great? Admit it jrs, your probably the easiest member to please when it comes to new summer films.

Originally Posted by mack
So true. The new alternative/modern rock is edgy and interesting in new, different way, though, wouldnt you say? Rock music will never be quite like "that" again. The nice thing about music is that its timeless.

Rock music has never come close to the great musicians of the 70's and 80's and I say musicians because there are no more. Music is so prefabricated today and a lot of really great rock artists of the 70's and early 80's will remain forever edged in a different time. Because no one can make that music again. Sadly.

Id say Jack Black's character was a man out of time, then, wouldnt you? I watched the movie and thought, "hey--he's stuck in the 80s! I know that feeling!" The movie a great source of amusement for me.

I do think there are music makers out there right now, its just that they are "diamonds in the rough," if I can spout a cliche. And have you ever noticed that every generation makes that same claim to fame? (uh oh. I might be wading into deep water here! )

As an aside, I find also that a lot of today's "pop" music is nothing more than a gateway into the older, better stuff.

Originally Posted by Ezikiel
...are films like Spidey 2, Potter, and Napolean really that great? Admit it jrs, your probably the easiest member to please when it comes to new summer films.

I might have gone overboard with Potter....but yes Spidey 2 and Napolean are that great. As I said, I do not like "every" film - as either a masterpiece nor close to it. I am not going to admit to something that has no FULL meaning

i thought he was better in School of Rock than in Saving Silverman

No the rock musicians of the 70's and early 80's will never again be; yes every generation has their musicians. However now its the image and not the music. We really never had the exposure to musicians other than going to their concerts now if the person looks good so does the music. Image is everything now.

This is true! :nods: Which is why I think Jack Black made the perfect star of the movie.