Irreversible - A Review by Kong

→ in
Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Essay: Against and For Irreversible by Robin Wood

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The only movie I've seen that I found more disturbing than this movie was Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Originally Posted by Kong

Gaspar Noe's Irrevervisble has gotten a lot of attention because of its unblinking brutality. Kong is not exaggerating when he says it is one of the most horrifying, realistic, and devastating depictions of violence that he has ever witnessed.
**** of ****
[But also a film Kong will probably never watch again.]
I watched this movie the other day, I still can't help thinking about it, at times i was sitting with my hands over my eyes, i thought it was a terrifying, realistic portrayal of violence.