it's really obvious guys
he was the only egg left
it's plain in sight
really now.....

sorry
i was in a bad mood when i wrote that

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Focker
That time of year again when rich, moneygrubbing film execs release a 'clever' animated film that attempts to appeal to children and adults simultaneously. Give these creators their due, these films are fun.

This "Nemo" film looks rather ambitious. However, I have to point out something about these animated films. Look, animals are not like this. Fish and pelicans aren't buddies, they don't joke around with sharks, and none of these deep sea creatures are behaving in this slapstick manner that these Disney films portray. I wish Disney or whoever made this "Nemo" would just level with kids. I know kids can accept the truth. The best animated films are the serious ones. That movie about "Secrets of NIMH", that is a serious kids movie. None of this knee-slapping junk, those mice and rats are in a life and death struggle. Remember that movie about the bunny rabbits, where this group of bunnies runs away from home just before it gets bulldozed by land developers, find a new home on a mountaintop, have no females, kidnap females from a nearby farm to reproduce, still dont have enough, attempt to kidnap more from some Nazi/Fascist bunnies, starting a war with the Nazi/fascist bunnies, get attacked on the mountain by the Nazi/fascist bunnies, and get saved by a giant labrador retriever who mutilates 99% of the attacking Nazi bunnies? Did you see that? That is a great animated film, no sugarcoating. Blood, violence, gore, and no stupid song and dance numbers.

Animals are not like Jerry Lewis. Please portray them accurately.

Rock & Roll.

Focker.
but wait, then Disney would not have their age old "market to kids with cute characters and animals, before they even know their own name!" paradigm. That just wouldn't be Disney. The pixar films have some damn fine animation in them though. Btw, the film you were wondering about was Watership Down, and I recommend it to any who haven't seen or read this story.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by theshape82
OMG
Yes nemo was the only one who survived
it's really obvious guys
he was the only egg left
it's plain in sight
really now.....
I was gonna point this out. I seriously cannot understand how you guys missed this, its what whole film is based on!! the only reason Marlen (sp?) is so paranoid is becuase Nemo is his only son and all his other offspring died along with his wife at the beginning of the movie. Sorry to be repetitive but i just ahd to say something. Watch again and all will be clear

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I was gonna point this out. I seriously cannot understand how you guys missed this, its what whole film is based on!! the only reason Marlen (sp?) is so paranoid is becuase Nemo is his only son and all his other offspring died along with his wife at the beginning of the movie. Sorry to be repetitive but i just ahd to say something. Watch again and all will be clear
I was thinking exactly the same thing blibby. Watch at the beginning...a barracuda gets Marlin's wife and he finds all of the eggs gone (presumably eaten) except Nemo's. That's also what also makes the ending so poignant to me. It wasn't just about the son needing to grow, but the father growing and learning to let go of his son as well.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Aniko
That's also what also makes the ending so poignant to me. It wasn't just about the son needing to grow, but the father growing and learning to let go of his son as well.
Youve got it.One thing about this film that i have noticed recently is that it gets me really emotional. i have no idea why. sometimes a film that i like can just hit my emotion button and get me totally involved with it. Cast Away does this and so does The Hours.The bit in Nemo that really gets me going is when his in the whale and won't let go and calls Dori nemo by accident. It really makes me emotional. Its so sweet. Also the bit at the end when he finally finds Nemo and it flashes to the beginning when his holding him in his fins....really gets to me for some reason. So your totally right on with that one Anni.

I just can't for the life of me see why people like this movie, and believe me I have had my fair share of every Pixar and Disney aniamation movie. This movie was BORING and so stupid, sure the animation was great but the dentist scene and the stupid segals was enough to drive you mad. The only part that was even remotely worth watching was the animation ; the story was stupid and I think the begining was a so predictable killing the mom right out. Letting go of his son, well why should he when this guy lost his wife and 400 eggs. It's such a boring and useless film. I hated it.

Finding Nemo sequel confirmed

Director Andrew Stanton has confirmed he is working on a sequel to hit film Finding Nemo, almost a decade after the original movie was released.

The Disney Pixar tale about a clownfish's desperate attempts to locate its missing son was a huge success at the box office, raking in £541 million in ticket sales.

Fans have been desperate to catch a follow-up since the film's release in 2003, and now Stanton, who directed and wrote the original, has announced a sequel will hit screens in 2016.

Finding Nemo will also have a second chance of success - it will be re-released in 3D in September.
http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/finding...192816459.html

I guess, after the disaster that is John Carter (From Mars ) he had little choice but to climb back onto this trusty steed.

I hope it's not called Finding Nemo 2 though; that ruins Nemo's credibility via his nautical homage if every time Pixar films him he gets lost and ****. Plus they need to do as they did with Toy Story and create new plots.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I hope it's not called Finding Nemo 2 though; that ruins Nemo's credibility via his nautical homage if every time Pixar films him he gets lost and ****. Plus they need to do as they did with Toy Story and create new plots.
They should name is Losing Nemo, and it'll be about Nemo and his new family he started but his kids are sucking him dry and his wife doesn't love him any more so he starts doing crack cocaine to get away from it all but this ties him into drug lords and whatnot so he'll be on the run from those guys.

Finding Nemo is my second favorite Pixar movie. But I feel this is being made because Disney is pissed at Andrew Stanton for the failure of John Carter (it isn't all his fault but the director does accept some of the blame). What could a sequel be about? The story ended so perfectly. The only Pixar films that I want to see a sequel from are Ratatouille and the Incredibles.

One of the first films I ever seen in the cinema