Finding Nemo

Tools    

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I saw Finding Nemo this afternoon at 1:40.

Great movie. As good as any of the other Pixar movies. The film is beautiful to watch and the storyline is wonderful.

The charcters and voice acting is great. My favorite of the characters is one Gil, played by Willem Dafoe. He is like a character from the Great Escape stuck in a fish's body (or something to that effect).

Very well done.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Kong finally got to see this (Kong was sick over the weekend), and it was every bit as good as Kong had hoped!

Everyone go out and watch it! It's a ton of fun.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally posted by jrs
Me, unlike Kong, did NOT see this. I want too !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're in luck because it's still in theaters! Plus since it's a family film and had the bigest opening weekend for any animated movie ever, it should have some serious legs. So, you still have plenty of time to see it....twice!

Obbviously it's still in theaters..........

Anyways, just saw it this evening. I loved it!!!!!! Very entertaining and the best Pixar movie I've seen since Toy Story....maybe. .
I especially loved the preview for The Incredibles.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
The Incredibles does look pretty cool.

Put me in your pocket...
I saw it Saturday with the kids. I loved everything about it. The animation was just beautiful. The story and characters were both funny and touching. In my mind Pixar can’t be given enough praise for this wonderful movie.

I also wanted to mention Knick Knack, the short film before Finding Nemo. Another treat...so cute. My kids didn’t quite get why the snowman wanted to get out of the snowglobe so much...but I smiled and giggled throughout it. Bobby McFerrins’ music was perfect with it.

I'm a huge fan of Pixar films and this film definitely delivered! It wasn't as brilliant as Toy Story 1 and 2, but it was really entertaining. This is a must see movie.

Originally Posted by Aniko
I also wanted to mention Knick Knack, the short film before Finding Nemo. Another treat...so cute. My kids didn’t quite get why the snowman wanted to get out of the snowglobe so much...but I smiled and giggled throughout it. Bobby McFerrins’ music was perfect with it.
This was better than "Finding Nemo"! I didn't care for the Nemester that much. Storyline was not one of my favorites. The stuff in the dentist's office seemed like a waste to me - boring fishtank characters, didn't get to know them well, were definitely not memorable in my mind. Dory was obnoxious! A strange fitting for the Marlon/Marvin? character -- and was it just me, or did anyone think that Dory should have fallen in love with Marlon at the end? I know it's cliched, but I thought it would work kind of well, make up for the story I didn't know. But NO!! She just learned how to remember things. Woohoo. An ending to make people with Alzeheimer's cry. Slop it up!

Put me in your pocket...
Since Finding Nemo is coming out on DVD/Video tomorrow I thought I'd bump this thread up. Also, I was wondering....if it's alright with Kong....if a Mod (Cait/Silver?) could move this thread to the review forum? I can see another thread being started on this movie and with so many positive comments here, it would be nice to see this thread continue.

Just to spread the word....go rent Finding Nemo.

I See You When You're Sleeping
Yep, I'm not a disney fan but I loved this movie, it was fantastic. It's the kind of movie I could've imagened watching when I was a mere pup.

Nemo out on DVD already over there? It only came into cinemas a couple of months back over here.

Lets put a smile on that block
Ive orderd this on DVD and it was apparently posted last week but due to the postal strikes over here in the UK i havnt recieved it yet But i hope i do soon. I absoloutly adore this film

One of my favorite animated movies, I hope there is a part 2, but only if it is done as well as the first, otherwise I hope they dont bother.

Do you know my poetry?
I love Finding Nemo, this is probably my favorite animated film of all time. I'm getting a copy of the DVD tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Focker
That time of year again when rich, moneygrubbing film execs release a 'clever' animated film that attempts to appeal to children and adults simultaneously. Give these creators their due, these films are fun.

This "Nemo" film looks rather ambitious. However, I have to point out something about these animated films. Look, animals are not like this. Fish and pelicans aren't buddies, they don't joke around with sharks, and none of these deep sea creatures are behaving in this slapstick manner that these Disney films portray. I wish Disney or whoever made this "Nemo" would just level with kids. I know kids can accept the truth. The best animated films are the serious ones. That movie about "Secrets of NIMH", that is a serious kids movie. None of this knee-slapping junk, those mice and rats are in a life and death struggle. Remember that movie about the bunny rabbits, where this group of bunnies runs away from home just before it gets bulldozed by land developers, find a new home on a mountaintop, have no females, kidnap females from a nearby farm to reproduce, still dont have enough, attempt to kidnap more from some Nazi/Fascist bunnies, starting a war with the Nazi/fascist bunnies, get attacked on the mountain by the Nazi/fascist bunnies, and get saved by a giant labrador retriever who mutilates 99% of the attacking Nazi bunnies? Did you see that? That is a great animated film, no sugarcoating. Blood, violence, gore, and no stupid song and dance numbers.

Animals are not like Jerry Lewis. Please portray them accurately.

Rock & Roll.

Focker.

MY GOD---WHAT KIND OF CHILDHOOD DID YOU HAVE? THIS IS ABOUT FANTASY. CHILDREN LOVE FANTASY. WHY DON'T YOU JUST TELL THEM THERE ISN'T A SANTA CLAUS? THERE IS ENOUGH TIME WHEN THEY GROW UP TO LEARN THAT PELICANS AND FISH DON'T GET ALONG. WHY SPOIL IT? THE WORLD IS IN BAD ENOUGH SHAPE AS IT IS--LET THEM HAVE THEIR FANTASTY WORLD---GEEZ---YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. I LOVE THE MOVIE AND ALSO LOVE TO SEE THE WORLD FROM MY DAUGHTERS' POINT OF VIEW---YOU NEVER GET THAT KIND OF STRAIGHT FORWARD INNOCENCE ANYWHERE ELSE.

Sorry, if I don't agree with the majority, however Pixar made a film such as Finding Nemo out to be more than just an overanimated two hour boring film. Yes yes the animation was astounding and amazing but the story was sooo boring I felt that it there was no fun to the film considering the fact that they killed the mom immediately and the father needs to take some kind of anxiety medication, his anxiousness made it so annoying. At least Toy Story provided some humour and good music for kids, but this film was like a long overdrawn depressing Woody Allen movie for kids.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
I find Finding Nemo entertaining... but only the first two or three times I see it. They play the film every time here on cable. I'm getting tired of seeing the same film being played.

I also have a problem with the Finding Nemo story. A father goes out to search his son and goes through a lot of trouble. I wonder what he'll do if he looses his other kids. I do remember Nemo's mother mentioning in the beginning of the film that there are over 400 eggs! What happened with them! Was Nemo the only one that survived?

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Originally Posted by T-850
I do remember Nemo's mother being mentioned in the beginning of the film, that there are over 400 eggs! What happened with them! Was Nemo the only one that survived?
I loved Finding Nemo! With that one line, the father did not say anything bad happened to the 400 eggs.
What happened to his mom is one thing, but those eggs can be with Nemo's dad at home.