40.00%
16 votes
Futurama
60.00%
24 votes
The Simpsons
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im a high fan of both series but Futurama is miles better! I think the Simpsons have lost the plot as recent series have not been funny, the jokes are poor and WTF have they done to Homer? He was the best charector on there now he is a dribbling idiot.

Futurama has always been funny and original, I have all 4 series on DVD. When we moved in to our first house we had no TV aeral so while waiting for SKY to be installed we watched non stop Futurama and I can watch it non-stop as it is hilarious.

Futurama kicks Simpsons ass all over the shop!

Pfft. That's crazy talk. You can't compare a short-lived series to one of the longest running series in history based on average episode quality; ANY show on for a long period of time is going to have its lulls. Futurama, if it continues, will have its downs as well as its ups.

A better way to compare the two is by looking at the very best of each, and when you do that, I think The Simpsons wins in a walk. My brother and I actually argue about this on a semi-regular basis, but I think it's obvious.

"Well excuse ME for having enormous FLAWS that I don't WORK ON!"

"You're like the Jesus of carpentry!"

"To alcohol: the cause of -- and solution to -- all of life's problems."

Its the Simpsons all the way. I do like futurama too though.

Homer: Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

A system of cells interlinked
I like anything Groening makes. I like Futurama a lot, but I have to go with The Simpsons. As long as MacFarlane isn't involved, I will watch!

Unlike The Simpsons, Futurama has the benefit of not having been on the air long enough to become a pale shadow of it's former self. The Simpsons jumped the shark well over a decade ago. Futurama was great from begining to end.

Simpsons. I have the first 8 seasons on DVD and I used to be obsessed with The Simpsons.

Futurama is decent, but I never really got into it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
While I think the Simpsons 'was' brilliant Futurama just had so much potential and creativity behind it (being in space in the future left the door wide open).

I laugh at every episode and the characters are not rip offs of any other shows (I'm looking at you Family Guy and American Dad).

The Simpsons will always have a place in my heart, but when I compare which one is funnier, Futurama has that one down pat.

Now, which one is a better TV show? The Simpsons, with soooo many guest spots and the it being on the air so long it has changed the way TV is.

Even though, in my heart I love The Simpsons, I have to vote Futurama, for the mere fact that I enjoy it more.

Suspect's Reviews

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Simpsons. It's one of the two best shows I've ever seen; the other being All in the Family. Futurama was a super show, but it just doesn't have the same résumé. Plus, I enjoy The Simpsons currently, so I believe the shark jumped them back several years ago.

You're a Genius all the time
Mid-late 90's Simpsons are so ingrained within my psyche that it would be nothing short of brain-sacrilege to say I prefer Futurama. But, if me and my brain were truly being truthful with myself, I'd say it's probably a tie. There was never a bad episode of Futurama, which I think counts for a lot, and it's one of the only things that actually even begins to compare in quality with the genius of The Simpsons, which also counts for a lot. So... I don't know. I did vote for The Simpsons, though.

Jerry Shaw, you have been activated.
The Simpson's for sure, I've been watching it for as long as i can remember, it's just a whole better series all around in my opinion.

The classic years of The Simpsons (1992-1998) is the funniest, cleverly satired show that ever aired on televison.

Go ahead and argue with that please.

If you had asked me 8 years ago I would have said The Simpsons. But now that I'm a little older Futurama gets my vote.

I hope the original cast does come back when they make the new season.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
hmm, the simpsons just rule

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Futurama gets it for me. Funnier, more emotional connections to the characters and the fact that I quote it more than any other show makes it an easy win.

I also love The Simpsons, but that went downhill as soon as it hit it's teenage years.