War Photographer

→ in
Tools    

It was beauty killed the beast.
The 2001 documentary War Photographerwas just released on DVD this past Tuesday, and Kong reccomends it to anyone who can get it.

The movie is about the war photographer James Nachtwey. The film shows him at work, interviews of him, interviews of some collegues and friends, and his photography (of course). It's a mesmerizing and sometimes uncomfortable film to watch. It's amazing to see the all of the horror that this man has photographed, and equally riviting to hear his motivations and determination. To say that the documentary is unsettling is an understatement, but even if you prefer lighter fare this is a movie worth watching. It's one of those few films that Kong thinks everyone should see.

Kong wishes he could say more, but trying to convey in words what Nachtwey conveys in photos is simply impossible.

It sounds like something up my alley, I'll keep my eyes peeled.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Thanks Kong, I’m interested in seeing this one too… and please forgive my ignorance, but which war/s?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

It was beauty killed the beast.
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Thanks Kong, I’m interested in seeing this one too… and please forgive my ignorance, but which war/s?
Kosovo, Israel, Rwanda, Indonesia... He's done work for over two decades, but most of the material in the film is from those four places.