Phantom Thread

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Christopher Nolan took his kids to see this and now they call him “Mr. Woodcock” when he’s mean.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/chr...rs-1201926428/

Twas pretty great
. Will post something in my thread about it later or tomorrow. It's not my favourite of the year, have it behind Twin Peaks: The Return (if you count that), The Florida Project and Good Time but the difference between it and the latter two is negligible and possibly expectations related. Still astonished by how consistent he is, every time i expect to hate one of his films but it hasn't happened yet.

The only PTA i have to rewatch is Inherent Vice, haven't seen that since it came out so i'm not sure what i think of it exactly. Watched all of the others within the last year, won't be positive of what i think about Phantom Thread until i see it a second time, outside the cinema particularly as that obviously adds to it. With all that in mind my current PTA rankings:

01. The Master
02. There Will Be Blood (basically 1a and 1b, just think i got a bit more out of The Master recently)
03. Punch-Drunk Love (really killed me on rewatch after being a bit underwhelmed the last time i saw it)
04. Phantom Thread
05. Boogie Nights (these two are interchangeable, no doubt me just seeing Phantom Thread in the cinema plays a part in me having it above Boogie Nights)
06. Inherent Vice (basically a projected position since i've read a fair amount of Pynchon recently)
07. Hard Eight
08. Magnollia
09. Junun

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Watching this tonight, boi.
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

This might just do nobody any good.
That’s cute. Heard was discussing some ideas with Tiffany Haddish as well.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
"Good, I'd have hated to done that to your second favorite one. Waste of tea."

You can't win an argument just by being right!
i thought it was a thread about the ghost who walks lol
Ashd, I've never appreciated any of your posts as much as this one! Hilarious. I'm sorry I was so cranky with you last year.

And I just saw this movie, You know the saying 'Paint the town red'? Well I cried the town red if that's possible, Cried maa little heart out.

this has to be my fave movie of the oscar noms this year. I love it so much I could cuddle it. Happy tears.

"I think it's the expectations and assumptions of others that cause heart ache"

Wow. I felt the need to put that in writing and keep it for myself. I hope I come back to this thread for a read each time I make an assumption or expectation of others. He is phenomenal in this, and so is she! I amso surprised with her acting, as well as her looks.She has a timeless beauty.

Ashd, I've never appreciated any of your posts as much as this one! Hilarious. I'm sorry I was so cranky with you last year.

And I just saw this movie, You know the saying 'Paint the town red'? Well I cried the town red if that's possible, Cried maa little heart out.

this has to be my fave movie of the oscar noms this year. I love it so much I could cuddle it. Happy tears.
I used to read a lot of phantom comics in my childhood.

I used to read a lot of phantom comics in my childhood.
LOL.