MoFo All Time 100: Ideas and Suggestions

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
It is kind of weird to go back to the 2010 list and see an almost complete absence of foreign films (i.e. films not made in English so I'm technically including both Leone films there) - pretty sure you can count them on one hand. You get a couple of the IMDb-level canon picks like City of God or Amelie, but Sonatine is one of the list's biggest wild-card picks (though I wonder if it's liable to make it in a second time - I could do with revisiting it to see how it holds up, that's for sure).

A system of cells interlinked
Raiders by a long shot!

And this overlooked modern classic

I watch the part where they unravel the conspiracy at the diner at least several times a year.

"And as we all know, zodiological atronomy was created by the Greeks in . . . "
"785 BC."
"And 785 is the area code for Topeka. Oh my God!".

WARNING: The following clip has swears and also (very brief, very comedic!) nudity and also it's a scene from the end of the film.

Also -

La La Land (2016)
Singin' in the Rain (1952)
Some Like it Hot(1959)
Parasite (2019)

Are all comedies with fair shots.
Glad someone mentioned this classic. Should be on any top 100 list for sure!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
One thing I was after myself for consideration, is comedies.
Checking over my own shortlist, I've got a grand total of 0 comedies.

Are there any that'd be considered amongst the best movies of all time?

I don't know about "the best movies of all time", but these are some of my favorite comedies:

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
My Cousin Vinny (1992)
His Girl Friday (1940)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
Barefoot in the Park (1967)
It Happened One Night (1934)
A Night at the Opera (1935)
The Birdcage (1996)
In & Out (1997)
Duck Soup (1933)
Topper (1937)
The Producers (1967)
Animal Crackers (1930)
Ghostbusters (1984)
Tootsie (1982)
Seems Like Old Times (1980)

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Some Like it Hot would definitely be in my top 100... but would it be in my top 25? Just don't have room for all my favourite films. Although that is part of the fun.

This is a bit of a different countdown in that I won't be watching anything new specifically 'for the list'. I will however be rewatching some films to see how much I still like them. I'm not going to put anything on my list that I haven't seen more than once.

The trick is not minding
Some Like it Hot would definitely be in my top 100... but would it be in my top 25? Just don't have room for all my favourite films. Although that is part of the fun.

This is a bit of a different countdown in that I won't be watching anything new specifically 'for the list'. I will however be rewatching some films to see how much I still like them. I'm not going to put anything on my list that I haven't seen more than once.
Same. On all of the above.
I jotted down a list which was around 30 or so before I started to whittle it down to 25.
I didn’t select any film I haven’t seen twice at the least, and I haven’t selected any film from the last 20 years.

Vivacious lady, not sure it's top 100 material but i love it, Bringing up baby has a better shout though.

I love world cinema, most of my favourite films of the last 20 years are foreign films. Pans Labyrinth, R-Point, Downfall, The Host and Angel-A would make my list these days.

One thing I was after myself for consideration, is comedies.
Checking over my own shortlist, I've got a grand total of 0 comedies.

Are there any that'd be considered amongst the best movies of all time?

Dr. Strangelove
To Be or Not to Be- Ernst Lubitsch 1941
The Awful Truth
His Girl Friday

Many greats