Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

I don't like Durant but I do like their other players.
Why don't you like Durant?

I like Golden State and I hate the Cavs and Lebron, so no need to say who I'm rooting for. Now as for how the Cavs made it to the Finals, I'm extremely disappointed. I know the Celtics are going to be a beast of a team next year and that they exceeded expectations this year given the circumstances, but I still don't get what they were doing in the second quarter of that last game. They'd built a 12 point lead and the Cavs were ready to be put away. Then all of a sudden they start walking the ball up the court. Rozier would just be stepping over the half-court line when the shot clock was already done to 16 seconds. They totally let up on the Cavs, gave them a chance to regroup, and start chipping away at the lead. What were they thinking?! Attack, for god's sake! Keep the pace up. So instead of pushing the lead up toward 20 points, it was done to only 4 at halftime.

I know they missed a whole lot of shots, but that's also what happens when you let yourself get out of your rhythm and suddenly you're playing in desperation to try to hang onto a lead. It was very, very disappointing. They didn't do that crap in the first two games. Hence the reason they won them.

Oh, well. I needed to rant a little. The good news is they should be an incredible team next year, and they really missed having Irving at certain times that series.
I was thinking the same thing. They wore the Cavs out in their wins and suddenly they went to a slow paced game. I don't get it.

Why don't you like Durant?
It was a bad look just going to play for them for one thing. Besides that, I just don't like the way he carries himself and his aura. Same for king James. Both are great players obviously.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked GS until Durant went there after losing to them, a team that won 73 games..I loved when I first got into basketball, the era days (late 80s-) when the best wanted to BEAT the best, instead of joining them... The only thing I ask from basketball are no injuries. It's not just awful to the player, but to the game, families, fans, economies.. And I'm curious, I wanna see the best team win. I wonder if Houston would have won with Chris Paul, because I think he's the best point guard of this era (Jason Kidd being the last era) but has had the WORST luck in the playoffs.. "Getting Injured With Blake Griffin" could have been a series.

Let the night air cool you off
Yeah, KD going to Golden State was the biggest bitch move in the history of the NBA. On the Bitchter Scale, it almost makes The Decision look like a non-registering offense. I mean, I guess his legacy or whatever. But that only works if we pretend like he didn't leave his pregnant 9 for a 10 on birth control.

It was a bad look just going to play for them for one thing. Besides that, I just don't like the way he carries himself and his aura. Same for king James. Both are great players obviously.
Yeah, KD going to Golden State was the biggest bitch move in the history of the NBA. On the Bitchter Scale, it almost makes The Decision look like a non-registering offense. I mean, I guess his legacy or whatever. But that only works if we pretend like he didn't leave his pregnant 9 for a 10 on birth control.
Definitely changes my perspective of the guy a bit. JJ it must hit harder for you because you're a Thunder fan. My friends all love him since he's with the Warriors. I'm a little more open than that. Maybe because I'm still learning, but I also just like the variety each team brings to the table. Each team is different in how they navigate, so it's fun watching all of them and figuring out how they work. This is old and obvious news to all of you I'm sure. But it's exciting for me. I definitely never gave the sport anywhere near enough credit. It's like a dance, and everyone dances a little differently but together it's a work of art.

Cricket - who's your team?

Definitely changes my perspective of the guy a bit. JJ it must hit harder for you because you're a Thunder fan. My friends all love him since he's with the Warriors. I'm a little more open than that. Maybe because I'm still learning, but I also just like the variety each team brings to the table. Each team is different in how they navigate, so it's fun watching all of them and figuring out how they work. This is old and obvious news to all of you I'm sure. But it's exciting for me. I definitely never gave the sport anywhere near enough credit. It's like a dance, and everyone dances a little differently but together it's a work of art.

Cricket - who's your team?
I live in Boston so I'm with the Celtics. I grew up in Chicago so they were my team during the Jordan years.

JJ is a Thunder fan? He lost Durant and Harden. That hurts!

Expectation - Warriors in 5. Conspiracy theorist in me - Warriors in 7

I wouldn't be too surprised if Lebron left.. Next year will be his 16th season, and they don't even have anyone to build around. The Cavs are only in the Finals because Lebron elevates his teammates play.. I hope it's competitive (and wish the games wouldn't start so late).

What a poor ending to Game 1....Great game up until the last minute of the 4th quarter where it just became a bunch of WTF moments

If he wasn't from Cleveland, I'd say there's a 100% chance to leave... If he does leave, I think the Lakers would be the team he'd go, or perhaps Philly. He can't put that much on his back on his 16th season and beyond.