How Did You Choose Your Profile Name?

Tools    

Had a look on the search engine and couldn't find a thread on this one. Sorry if it's been put up before but thought it would be interesting to find out where everyones names came from.

Mine is a story I wrote years and years ago when I was about 9 years old and I've been using it for all sorts of internet profiles since I got online.

I even drew up a graphic novel for it, but it was awful so I just decided to use the name on forums instead.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I was a huge fan of Fight Club when I joined up, and Tyler Durden was my favourite movie character. And since Fight Club was made in 1999, I decided on TylerDurden99.

Awesome topic!

Many years ago, late 90s or early 2000s, I was trying to come up with internet logins that didn't involve my name followed by @usaf.gov. I don't remember what the site was, probably some goofy forum, and I was tired of the site telling me the name was already taken. So, I decided to think of two words that don't belong together in the hopes that there aren't as many loony people out there like me. The first word that popped into my head was "bouncing". I then thought "what doesn't bounce?"

Derp. Ta-da!

For the record, I'm the first bouncingbrick on the internet (at least by my 'professional' judgement). I'm bouncingbrick78 on Yahoo and Gmail. I'm bouncingbrick on Ebay, Steam and X-Box 360 (I'm Barry_Allen on PS3, long story). Feel free to friend me! I'm bouncingbrick most everywhere there's stuff to do on the internet.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
Back in the day, before I had a full-time job and started a t-shirt company with the Mister, I used to have a movie review blog. I chose the name 'filmgirlinterrupted' for 2 reasons: a) I had a strong emotional connection with Winona Ryder's character, Susanna Kaysen, in "Girl, Interrupted" and b) I noticed that there weren't a lot of women with movie review websites and I wanted to lead the charge for my fellow geek girls. Most people just referred to me as 'fgi.'

Not the most exciting story, but there you have it

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I came to the Web pretty late (this millenium). Since I'm so full of myself, I decided I'd adopt a simple, "modest" (lower case) user name which was basically just me. I had no idea that in the past people needed to post a _ if they had a space in their user names, so people were always calling me mark_f, but I have always been mark f. And I'm still full of myself, so don't be fooled.

Semper Fooey
Awesome topic!

Many years ago, late 90s or early 2000s, I was trying to come up with internet logins that didn't involve my name followed by @usaf.gov. I don't remember what the site was, probably some goofy forum, and I was tired of the site telling me the name was already taken. So, I decided to think of two words that don't belong together in the hopes that there aren't as many loony people out there like me. The first word that popped into my head was "bouncing". I then thought "what doesn't bounce?"

Derp. Ta-da!

For the record, I'm the first bouncingbrick on the internet (at least by my 'professional' judgement). I'm bouncingbrick78 on Yahoo and Gmail. I'm bouncingbrick on Ebay, Steam and X-Box 360 (I'm Barry_Allen on PS3, long story). Feel free to friend me! I'm bouncingbrick most everywhere there's stuff to do on the internet.
I want to change my forum name to bouncingboobies.

This topic's been done before, but I think it's been awhile.

Anyway, I work as a receptionist at a veterinary clinic and have done so for a long time. My normal speaking voice is kind of gruff, so when I'm on the phone I try to smile and make myself sound more friendly. Apparently the actual result of that, so I've been told, is that I sound like a phone sex operator or a late night D.J. So much so that a previous manager used to jokingly tell me that if I wanted to make some extra money I should start a 900 number and call myself "Miss Vicky." Everytime she'd call the office, she'd ask me how much it was per minute.

Not long after I joined my very first internet forum at WarrenZevon.com. I tried to register under several appropriately Zevonian names, but all I tried were taken. So I tried "Miss Vicky" and it worked. To keep things simple, I've used the name at every forum I've joined since then.

The one big drawback of this name, though, is that I've had to deal with people calling me "Vicky" all the time. I absolutely HATE that name. My name is Victoria, but I've given up on trying to convince people online to call me that.

Semper Fooey
Tiny Tim's fifteen minutes of fame was ten minutes too long. He was fine when his act consisted of singing in front of Carson or Dick Martin as they stared in disbelief, but when he started to perform solo he sucked the oxygen out of the room. I heard him a few times on Howard Stern and was amazed to find he was apparently straight, talking in a normal voice, and complaining a later wife cheated on him. I saw him perform at Magic Mountain when he was still married to Miss Vicki and he was terrible, ending his act by laying on the floor and kicking his feet.

That Pat Paulsen routine wasn't too funny either. He should have stuck to his presidential campaign shtick.

Its my tattoo, and derived from a lot of inner turmoil i suffered as a teenager about good and evil.

I consider myself to be a nice person, but I know everyone has a bad side but my bad side was very self destructive. The Devil in me, the Angel in me.

I'm going to be giving you a call later, Miss Vicky...

Aye, it's been done (What does your username mean?) but a topic like this is worth re-doing as new people show up.

I'll summarize mine: it used to be different, I used a Yoda avatar all the time, so then I changed it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I just love Gandalf and LOTR. Used to be my name on Halo and has been my username through many dangers.

Like people didn't know this already, but "HitchFan" is because Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite director, and the 97 is because I was born in 1997.