83.33%
20 votes
Unforgiven
16.67%
4 votes
Million Dollar Baby
24 votes. You may not vote on this poll

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm in shock that Million Dollar Baby actually has a vote at all.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I didn't think Million Dollar Baby was as bad as everyone else is making it out to be. Sure, it's depressing as all Hell, but I still liked the film.

This is really hard I like them both voted for baby

Million Dollar Baby was a cliche within a cliche. Decent film yes but giving it the angle of Woman's Boxing, felt too much like a gimmick that was written solely to draw in the crowds.

Unforgiven is also a cliche within a cliche, and the 'one last job' gimmick has been done many a time, but the overall screenplay and shooting (the photography, not the guns) gives it a massive edge over MDB.

Unforgiven, all the way...

16 to 3. It's closer than I anticipated.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Unforgiven, and it isn't even close.
MDB and its sorta close.

Unforgiven and MDB are pretty much the same film. Both have Eastwood, an 'out-of-shape' but previously expert master teaming up with a completely disposable Morgan Freeman (included for the sole purpose of explicating Eastwood himself), taking on a new, nobler challenge that rekindles the spirit of his previous line of work while redeeming himself for the crimes he committed under it.

The films differ only in the way they choose to portray the opposing aspects of the cleansing act of murder. Both films even end on the same note, retaining a very slight degree of moral ambiguity while prompting us to take the situation positively. Finally, both films examine hugely familiar visual and stylistic territory, with MDB possibility being slightly more novel because it was women's boxing.

Nevertheless, Unforgiven is better, because it was a good degree less emotionally 'manipulative.'
Do you ever just talk about a flick? I get it, you're a really smart kid. How'd Unforgiven make you feel? Just curious. Also, there isn't a murder in Million Dollar Baby.

I always try to be on the contentious side of these things, but in this case Unforgiven wins by about a billion miles. MDB was little more than a skilfully made schlocky tear-jerker, no matter what the Academy had to say on the matter.

Spoiler Alert

Great Great Great scene!!!!!!!