Breaking: Zodiac killer’s cipher solved by code breakers: FBI

Tools    

We have seen multiple movies on Zodiac Killer and one of them is Zodiac (2007) directed by David Fincher tells the story of the hunt for a Zodiac Killer, a serial murderer who terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area during the late 1960s and early 1970s.

Now Zodiac killer’s cipher solved by code breakers after more than 50 years..

After the decoding, it was revealed that the the cipher was sent in all capital letters with no punctuation marks.

The deciphered message reads as: "I hope you are having lots of fun in trying to catch me. That wasn't me on the TV show which brings up a point about me. I am not afraid of the gas chamber because it will send me to paradice (paradise misspelled) all the sooner.

"Because I now have enough slaves to work for me where everyone else has nothing when they reach paradice so they are afraid of death.

"I am not afraid because I know that my new life will be an easy one in paradice death."

The TV show mentioned is the "The Jim Dunbar Show", which a person claiming to be the killer had called two weeks before the cipher was sent.

It's not just that it was sent with no punctuation. It was also sent using a shift and in three sections. There's a YouTube video about how it was actually cracked that is fascinating.