Rate the last Book you read

Tools    

I could not finish The Leftovers. Returned it for a refund.

Good book. Funny how modern-day authors list so many people in their Acknowledgements. This woman listed over 100 people. Insane. Nobody wrote the book but her! She even said it takes a village to write a book. Imagine Dickens or Faulkner doing this.

This was a reread (like the 4th time) - still waiting on the next book in the series, talk about a long wait. This came out in 2007 and the 2nd book came out in 2011.

A really good storyline and one I highly recommend. The author Patrick Rothfuss knows how to draw a reader in. Not sure why such a long wait, he mentions it on his website now and then but tends to be really egotistical and sick of his fans asking. I guess one day I will now if it was worth the wait.

Either way I love a good fantasy story no matter what and I give this a strong

the guy is even in the urban dictionary:

patrick rothfuss

A person who starts a great thing but can never finish it. In other words, the worst kind of *******
I wonder if that patrick rothfuss guy will ever finish his book?

Returned for a refund. Way more academic than I expected & loads of annoying footnotes.

“I was cured, all right!”
It's been a while since I last post here...

★★★★

★★★★
The best Dark Fantasy of all time.

★★★★

★★★

★★★

Go, go knights of Athena, can't wait for the 5th one.

Masterpiece --I've read it about five times.

It drags for a while, but it's a very good book.

Marvel Deluxe - Capitain America Vol 1: Winter Soldier

Good arc!

[/size]
[size=4][color=Red]★
[color=Black]Masterpiece --I've read it about five times.
Whatever one thinks of his ideas / messages Nietzsche surely could write. My personal favorite from him has been Thus Spoke Zarathustra as it's more proselike.

“I was cured, all right!”
Whatever one thinks of his ideas / messages Nietzsche surely could write. My personal favorite from him has been Thus Spoke Zarathustra as it's more proselike.

Zarathustra is also a masterpiece imo.

Returned this for a refund. Highly reviewed, but political memoirs are not really my thing.

Picnic at Hanging Rock by Joan Lindsay

One of the rare occasions where I liked the film more than the book. There's nothing precisely wrong with the book either but I liked movie's dreamlike atmosphere more. Book adds little more depth to the fates of various people but overall the film is very faithful to the book.

3.5/5

Started off well as a bird’s eye view of the White House as told by a former stenographer. Quickly devolved into a day-by-day account of the romances of this young woman though why she thought anyone would find this interesting is beyond me. 100 pages in & 200 to go, I called it a night.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
Murakami - The wind up bird cronicle.

I finished it, but not without difficulties. It was my first Murakami's book and probably the last.

Another genre history and similarly the parts about early SF were good. Also I liked how the book included stuff from 18th (17th?) century (i.e. before SF was officially born). Everything up to pulp was fine.

From then on the book took heavy leftist bias and also started preaching about feminism, social justice, racial equality and all that. In short I (slightly exaggerated, of course) learned that all worthy modern SF is about the aforementioned themes while the rest is racist, misogynist and capitalistic trash not worth reading.

2/5 (good beginning tarnished by stupid latter half)
That's a shame. I was surprised when I was reading Arthur Conan Doyle's Professor Challenger stories that there was a really early reference to a teleporter. Whether he was the first writer to mention such a device I don't know.

Just finished:

Very informative and interesting. Nice insight into natural gender differences between boys and girls.

Currently reading: