Can Marketing teams be that vile

Tools    

I recently read an article that says marketing teams of movies (since this is a movie forum) can be so forceful to the point of effecting first amendment. There is current news thats floating around about how hereditary movie trailer has been played in front of roger rabbit movie and people left theaters because of that. Why do I get the feeling that this news getting so much publicity is part of studios marketing team to make the promotion of the movie effective by tricking people into thinking this movie is an awesome horror movie and everyone needs to watch it on the opening weekend.

I see lots of instances of marketing that trick people by connecting movies to some real life element sometimes they cross the line into being a fraud.

I think you mean that Hereditary trailers were played before Peter Rabbit.

I'd say that the reason people left the cinema, is because it's a trailer for a horror film, and the cinema was packed with children waiting to see Peter Rabbit.

More a mistake than anything else.

Same happened a couple years ago when the Red Band trailer for Sausage Party was played at the screening of Finding Dory.
Hence, a cinema full of angry parents and crying children.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I think you mean that Hereditary trailers were played before Peter Rabbit.

I'd say that the reason people left the cinema, is because it's a trailer for a horror film, and the cinema was packed with children waiting to see Peter Rabbit.

More a mistake than anything else.

Same happened a couple years ago when the Red Band trailer for Sausage Party was played at the screening of Finding Dory.
Hence, a cinema full of angry parents and crying children.

This is terrible but I am laughing. But it's still terrible ehehehe. I havent even seen those movies but I know enough about them to be a bit horrified.Someone playing silly buggers in amongst the workers is my guess. Reminds me of THAT scene in Fight Club

OT my friend made the rabbit! She's so talented.

Yeah, that example doesn't sound deliberate. Though I guess we can't know for sure.

The only time I remember this feeling like a meaningful debate was when Aqua Teen Hunger Force left some package lying around as some kind of viral promotion and people mistook it for a possible bomb.