Recommend a Movie to the Poster Above You

Tools    

Okay it's simple, this is how it works: You give criteria for the kind of recommendation you want, and the next person tries to recommend you a movie that fits the criteria and gives criteria of their own for the person after them. You can be very specific or very general, it's all up to you.

I'll start.

Recommend me an action movie with realistic action. Guns have recoil, stunts aren't over the top, fighting choreography is clumsy rather than flashy, the characters fear death, etc... There doesn't have to be tons of action, and it can be from any era. It doesn't necessarily have to have guns or martial arts.

This movie might fit your criteria.

Recommend me a John Sayles movie to watch. (This one may be for Joel.) To my knowledge I have never seen a Sayles movie, but people here seem to like them.

Recommend me a John Sayles movie to watch. (This one may be for Joel.) To my knowledge I have never seen a Sayles movie, but people here seem to like them.
This one holds a special place in my heart.

The truth is in here

Recommend me a spoof movie, which is over-the-top and delightfully silly, but more in the vein of stuff like Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, not Naked Gun or Hot Shots. And no modern ones.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm suggesting Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, but you may need to provide more examples of what vibe you're after so I can make better suggestions.

Recommend me something that's aesthetically pleasing.

The truth is in here
I'm suggesting Wallace and Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, but you may need to provide more examples of what vibe you're after so I can make better suggestions.
Granted that's good, but I've already seen it, and it's not the kind of movie I'm looking for.

Here's another example:

Recommend me a spoof movie, which is over-the-top and delightfully silly, but more in the vein of stuff like Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes, not Naked Gun or Hot Shots. And no modern ones.
How about, History of the World Part 1?

For me... Okay Recommend to me a powerful, moving, emotionally gripping South-East Asian drama.

For me... Okay Recommend to me a powerful, moving, emotionally gripping South-East Asian drama.

next: Recommend to me what you think is the best horror/sci-fi horror film from 2017
(not including Get Out, Life or Alien:Covenant - have seen them)

The truth is in here
I wouldn't recommend you Life and Alien: Covenant anyway.

It's only a horror movie just barely, but I really liked The Killing Of A Sacred Deer.

The truth is in here
I'm sorry, I forgot I was supposed to ask for recommendations too.

Recommend me an extremely surreal and fascinatingly weird movie, but excluding famous directors like David Lynch and David Cronenberg.

Recommend me an extremely surreal and fascinatingly weird movie, but excluding famous directors like David Lynch and David Cronenberg.
One of the strangest movies I have ever seen. So good.

I have never in my life seen an animated movie. (Maybe once? A Japanese one.) Recommend an animated movie to me.