Cate Blanchett
Alec Baldwin
Bobby Cannavale
Louis C.K.
Andrew Dice Clay
Sally Hawkins
Peter Sarsgaard
Michael Stuhlbarg

Check that cast out. Now here is a movie with a message. It is about what people would say and do to have an affair or a relationship. Woody Allen has always been a hit and miss director. Nothing compares to his film Annie Hall, but this film takes a good second place. It is rumorred now that Cate will be nominated for an Academy Award.The script is excellent and the acting is way above. It is simply about a middle class wife who calls the police and gives evidence against here rich husband. She hits bottom and has to move in with her tattooed low life sister. Both meet nice men, but Cate lies about her past and her sister is used for sex by a married man. Cate is excellent as a pill popping drunk. This movie is a serious character study, not a special affects film. A must see!

Nothing compares to his film Annie Hall
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Manhattan
Stardust Memories
Bullets Over Broadway
Midnight in Paris
Play It Again, Sam
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Zelig
Sleeper
Hannah and Her Sisters
Radio Days
Celebrity
Shadows and Fog
Match Point
Sweet and Lowdown

These can all compare to Annie Hall, in terms of quality, IN MY OPINION. I'm not saying they are all better films (some of them are), but they are just not necessarily the lesser for me personally.
And then I'm not even speaking about some of his other films that come very close.

People should really watch more of his work than just Annie Hall. Many "Woody watchers" have different favorites.

----------------------------------

Anyway, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine yet. I'm really looking forward to it, though, as it gets really good reviews from critics AND audiences! I'm glad you also liked it.

I, too, have never understood all the fuss about ANNIE HALL. How it won Best Picture over STAR WARS and CLOSE ENCOUNTERS is a mystery to me and Diane Keaton gave a much better performance the same year in LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR. I think most of the films you have listed here are better than ANNIE HALL...especially CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS and THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO.

Crimes and Misdemeanors
Manhattan
Stardust Memories
Bullets Over Broadway
Midnight in Paris
Play It Again, Sam
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Zelig
Sleeper
Hannah and Her Sisters
Radio Days
Celebrity
Shadows and Fog
Match Point
Sweet and Lowdown
*copy / paste *

That list looks good. Putting it in a safe place. thanks.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
I, too, have never understood all the fuss about ANNIE HALL. How it won Best Picture over STAR WARS and CLOSE ENCOUNTERS is a mystery to me and Diane Keaton gave a much better performance the same year in LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR. I think most of the films you have listed here are better than ANNIE HALL...especially CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS and THE PURPLE ROSE OF CAIRO.
Well, while it's certainly not a peak for Woody Allen, it's certainly a better film than Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind, and it certainly didn't have a lasting negative effect on the industry like them.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Bobby Cannavale looks like Woody Allen's newest Chazz Palminteri. And Andrew Dice Clay too, got to check this one out

I only have seen Annie Hall from him and I didn't really care for it. I guess that there's some directors that just don't connect with me even though they're very good.

I only have seen Annie Hall from him and I didn't really care for it. I guess that there's some directors that just don't connect with me even though they're very good.
I didn't connect with Annie Hall either the first time I watched it and now Woody Allen is one of my favorite directors of all time.

A good start would be to watch Midnight in Paris, I think. It's a relaxing film for modern audiences and it's the film that made me really click with him for the first time. It made me rewatch Annie Hall and many others of his films and I'm very glad I did! I discovered some of my absolute favorite films while exploring Woody's filmography.
Be sure to give him another chance and don't be discouraged because you didn't particularly like one of his most famous films after only one viewing.

I love me some Woody Allen !!! Im interested ! some cool actors.