movie with an unsuccessful book writer

Tools    

Hi everyone. I am searching for the name of one movie. The story as far as i remember goes like this: A book writer goes to a small island/village, influenced by the fact that his books are not so successful anymore. In the island the book writer meets an oldman who wrote a scenario.The oldman insists on taking the scenario with him and returning it when he has completed it. The next days the oldman accidentally dies. Then the book writer steals that scenario and claims that the idea was him. The upcoming book makes great success. That was the part of the movie i have seen. If anyone knows something more, i would be glad to learn. thank you. the movie must be of 1980s-2000s.

gbgoodies thank you, it is very close to what i have seen, but i am pretty sure that my movie was slightly older than that.

derek thank you, but it is not that, mine was more like a drama-mustery

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
gbgoodies thank you, it is very close to what i have seen, but i am pretty sure that my movie was slightly older than that.

You should watch The Words (2012) even if it's not the right movie. It didn't get great reviews, but I liked it.

Mouth of Madness (1994) possibly

Welcome to the human race...
I don't know the answer, but it's definitely not In the Mouth of Madness.

A Murder of Crows (1998)

"Russell has retired to Key West as a fishing guide and decides to write a book about his experience. He suffers from perpetual writer's block. He befriends Marlowe, an elderly former teacher and recent widower who asks him to read his manuscript. Attempting to return the manuscript, Russell encounters detective Goethe, who informs Russell that Marlowe has died leaving no next of kin. Russell decides to pass the book off as his own. It becomes a huge success, giving Russell fame and a luxurious lifestyle".