Star Wars Thoughts

Tools    

I just re-watched the whole original series again and had some questions about some things (that have probably been asked before, but are new to me).

1. In The Empire Strikes Back all the Rebels are trying to get off Hoth. Multiple transports are seen leaving and going through the Empire's blockade. My question with is this: why is the Millennium Falcon singled out and pursued relentlessly by Darth Vader even to the point of sustaining incredible damage in an asteroid field, yet no other craft is being pursued? Besides driving the plot, why is Darth so bent on wanting that ship and not excuses? Also, how does Vader know that torturing Solo will be setting a trap for Luke?

2. The Millennium Falcon team decides to go to Cloud City, but how does the Empire arrive right before they do? How did they know they were going there? I know that Bobba Fett follows them, but how does he know that that is where they are going and even if he does figure it out as they get closer to Bespin, how is he able to inform the Empire in advance enough for them to beat them there?

3. In Return of the Jedi, Solo and his team need to have the energy shield temporarily shut down so they can land on the moon of Endor. But why? The energy shield only surrounds the Death Star, not the entire moon. Couldn't they have just flown in from the other side of the moon and made their way around in the atmosphere to the landing place they needed? They landed covertly anyway. Then there would have been no need to risk commandeering a shuttle craft.

I just re-watched the whole original series again and had some questions about some things (that have probably been asked before, but are new to me).

1. In The Empire Strikes Back all the Rebels are trying to get off Hoth. Multiple transports are seen leaving and going through the Empire's blockade. My question with is this: why is the Millennium Falcon singled out and pursued relentlessly by Darth Vader even to the point of sustaining incredible damage in an asteroid field, yet no other craft is being pursued? Besides driving the plot, why is Darth so bent on wanting that ship and not excuses? Also, how does Vader know that torturing Solo will be setting a trap for Luke?
Vader knows that Han and especially Leia are on the Falcon so goes after them to help setup the trap for Luke knowing his growing force sensitivity will lure him in. Bare in mind at this point in the series force ability is deliberately much less clearly defined with more focus on areas such as the visions Luke gets.

2. The Millennium Falcon team decides to go to Cloud City, but how does the Empire arrive right before they do? How did they know they were going there? I know that Bobba Fett follows them, but how does he know that that is where they are going and even if he does figure it out as they get closer to Bespin, how is he able to inform the Empire in advance enough for them to beat them there?
The Falcon can't travel at light speed so either Boba Fett tracking their course or simply judgement that Bespin is the natural destination as the only place within sublight distance to get repairs seems like enough for Vader to get their first traveling at light speed.

3. In Return of the Jedi, Solo and his team need to have the energy shield temporarily shut down so they can land on the moon of Endor. But why? The energy shield only surrounds the Death Star, not the entire moon. Couldn't they have just flown in from the other side of the moon and made their way around in the atmosphere to the landing place they needed? They landed covertly anyway. Then there would have been no need to risk commandeering a shuttle craft.
Maybe the field is designed to be active in most of the atmosphere so its impossible to get close to it in the air without it being deactivated.

I don't like sequels of Star Wars, l prefer the original movies or the prequels. Revenge Of The Sith is my favorite of the franchise.

I don't like sequels of Star Wars, l prefer the original movies or the prequels. Revenge Of The Sith is my favorite of the franchise.
Why ROTS?

Because it is the episode with the best fights (for me) and the most interesting plot. It is the episode Anakin becomes Darth Vader!

Because it is the episode with the best fights (for me) and the most interesting plot. It is the episode Anakin becomes Darth Vader!
Anakin kinda needs more charisma and Hayden ain't got it.

Τhat's your opinion. I don't agree on that. For me, it is my favorite episode and l liked Hayden as Anakin.

Τhat's your opinion. I don't agree on that. For me, it is my favorite episode and l liked Hayden as Anakin.
I think CW pixel Anakin is more charismatic.

i do agree with ipu, anakin needed a better actor than haiden christensen

You don't have to send me a pm. Say agree to disagree and i move on.

i do agree with ipu, anakin needed a better actor than haiden christensen

Not better just more charismatic. Anakin needed a young Tom Cruise levels of intensity.

You don't have to send me a pm. Say agree to disagree and i move on.

Not better just more charismatic. Anakin needed a young Tom Cruise levels of intensity.
well this means a better actor, whether its related to charisma or else

Haiden & JarJar fracked up that whole trilogy.. poor Lucas..
jarjar, i think that character fracked up the trilogy, more then anything else

Over-hyped and over-discussed

well this means a better actor, whether its related to charisma or else
There are some people who will never be leads in an unironic action movie with way more range than action stars had / have.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Damn has he passed? RIP. He still plays Chewie in the new ones doesn't he, the non action parts anyway.

Haiden & JarJar fracked up that whole trilogy.. poor Lucas..

Jar Jar Binks took the attempts at humor to the point of irritation and beyond