The Buffy Re-Watch Club

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I get that. Sometimes there isn't a lot to say.

I feel like that in the HoF threads about some movies. You may really like it but you don't have much to say beyond that.

I've watched part 1 & 2 of What's My Line? I'm exhausted so I won't do a write up now, but all I can say is the worm man is one of my favorite Buffy creatures ever and this is a freaking fantastic episode! One of my very favorites in any of the seasons.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Sean, Buffy balanced both seasonal story arcs and the tepid monster of the week formula. You'll have to sit through a few stinkers that seem like filler sometimes, in order to be enthralled with the seasonal storyline.

For my two cents, I liked it. Binge watching a show like this hurts it. Just when you get invested in a particular storyline, they will go and do a stand alone episode and disturb the flow. Me, when I first watched it, I had a week to let the episode sink in, then enjoy a filler episode every now and then.

But yes, in the age of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones, it can be a trial.

As for What's My Line - I liked it for the introduction of the second slayer. Buffy's death awoken the next in line and now we have two slayers in this universe.

Willow and OZ finally meet - still find them a cute couple.

Xander and Cordelia kiss for the first time and Buffy kisses Angel's "monster face", which was a question Darla asked him in a previous episode. This brings their relationship to another level.

Suspect's Reviews

But I like the filler episodes as much as I do the episodes that continue the storyline. Buffy was first and foremost all about the characters and I think the stand alone episodes did as much or more to allow us into the characters lives than the storyline episodes.

I liked the idea of a new slayer very much but I never cared for Kendra's character. Everything else that goes on in that episode is fantastic though.

The three of us left seem to be dwindling but I did watch Ted. I think it's a funny episode and Jack Ritter is great. Joyce annoys me a bit in this particular episode though. Just a little. Normally I really like Joyce.

Not much to say that I haven't said before, but this episode should be watched for Ritter alone.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Sorry friends, I couldn't keep on at the pace of this thread. I've now finished the series again, and feel it holds up in terms of message, even though technology has marched on. Hope you continue to enjoy it and I'll check in from time to time to see where you are with it.

I'm glad to know you guys are behind. I have every intention of at least getting through this season. Evey time I sit down to watch something the last couple of weeks, I decide on something different. I will try and knock out a few this weekend.