Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Mark
All Quiet on the Western Front - (d. L. Milestone, 1930)
Recently read the book this film was adapted from, absoloulty incredible read, so awful and so touching, i recommend it to everyone as it has this amazing humility and voice that speaks so honestly about the whole War thing...and its still just as applicable to my generation as it was to my grandfathers. Great read.

oh and film i last watched? Waynes World 2

Do you know my poetry?
Scenes from a Marriage
1973 - Ingmar Bergman

Se7en
1995 - David Fincher

Crimes and Misdemeanors
1989 - Woody Allen

Devils on the Doorstep
2000 - Jiang Wen

Dracula: Pages from a Virgin's Diary
2002 - Guy Maddin

Bukowski: Born into This
2003 - John Dullaghan

The Ladykillers
2004 - Coen Brothers

Barton Fink
1991 - Coen Brothers

Saw

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Constantine, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Being John Malkovich

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
All Quiet on the Western Front
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Recently read the book this film was adapted from, absoloulty incredible read...
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I'm listening bro, what did you think?
I read the book a few years back, and I have to say, I was both amazed and disturbed. The portion particularly in which the soldier is stuck in the fox hole with the dying enemy blew me away. I remember it lasting for several pages. I'm afraid the movie didn't do this scene justice. Sorry, Brian. I know you like this movie, but I should have watched it before I read the book. I probably would have like it more in that case.
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
The Swimmer - (d. F. Perry, 1968)

Raging Bull - (d. M. Scorsese, 1980)

Randomly visiting for now
Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster (2004). This was suprisingly very good watching considering I wasn't really a fan of them, it's more a documentary of how the band breaks apart and reforms. There's something insanely cool about seeing the behind the scenes look at these rock legends, right to the nitty gritty of alcoholism and betrayal

It's probably been done before but was refreshingly unique for me 4/5.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Man On Fire (2004, Tony Scott)

2.5/5

Solid revenge flick (almost) ruined by Little Bro Tony's flashy direction, and the feeling that he's watched Big Bro Ridley's Gladiator and Hannibal one too many times...

Denzel saves this, for me.

I cant believe you guys closed (locked) the old Movie Tab
There's no real difference in loading times, trust me (im a cursed dial-up), it's still one page at a time and a true mofo can put up with it! damn shame to lose the original, that being said and I doubt you'll change it back....

Meet the Fockers
Team America
Blade: Trinity
and next week
Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie

Lets put a smile on that block
I read the book a few years back, and I have to say, I was both amazed and disturbed. The portion particularly in which the soldier is stuck in the fox hole with the dying enemy blew me away. I remember it lasting for several pages.
I totally agree, that scene summed up the whole theme of the book and highlighted the most poingnant part for me. I actually found that part really emotional, as Paul looks into the enemy soldiers eyes and sees the true fear that his causing him, its awful. I'm gonna make sure i watch the film, but from what ive heard it wont live up to it, but ill give it a shot.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster (2004). This was suprisingly very good watching considering I wasn't really a fan of them, it's more a documentary of how the band breaks apart and reforms. There's something insanely cool about seeing the behind the scenes look at these rock legends, right to the nitty gritty of alcoholism and betrayal

It's probably been done before but was refreshingly unique for me 4/5.
Hmmm, I just watched this, and I have to say it was almost unbearable, and any respect I had left for the band is now gone. James Hetfield is without a doubt the biggest crybaby whine-ass I have ever seen, and Lars Ulrich is in close second. Whine, cry, piss about, whine, cry.... what a waste of time. So....

Some Kind of Monster

On a better note I also watched....

Raging Bull

The best period piece I have ever seen, period. My girlfriend and I just couldn't get over how this film seems to have been made in the period it depicts. Every character was perfect, piece of clothing, every car, and the production design...just incredible.

One of the best films ever made.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Mean Girls - i thought this was pretty decent, not as funny as anticipated but it did ok, i expect big things from Rachel McAdams, super bitch supremo in this movie

Originally Posted by Sedai
Raging Bull

The best period piece I have ever seen, period. My girlfriend and I just couldn't get over how this film seems to have been made in the period it depicts. Every character was perfect, piece of clothing, every car, and the production design...just incredible.
I love Raging Bull, it's one of my favorites of all time. Was this your first viewing?

Taxi

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Sedai
Hmmm, I just watched this, and I have to say it was almost unbearable, and any respect I had left for the band is now gone. James Hetfield is without a doubt the biggest crybaby whine-ass I have ever seen, and Lars Ulrich is in close second. Whine, cry, piss about, whine, cry.... what a waste of time. So....

Some Kind of Monster

Let me see if I get this right... You didn't like the film because it made Metallica look bad?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Eulogy, an independent film with Ray Romano in it. That fact alone made this movie very intriguing to me. But it turned out not to have much to offer. I love Ray's show but hopefully when it is over he will not resign himself to being in a slew of mediocore movies (welcome to mooseport).