Perfect Thriller -- The Commuter (2018)

→ in
Tools    

I tried hard not to watch this one, I really did! But what can I say, A-Hollywood got it right. They are expert movie makers, only they could pull it off and they did. Every plot detail expertly executed with alarming precision. This movie wins on all fronts and despite myself, I am forced to admit it. Can't go wrong with this movie if you like crime thrillers!

What a great cast! Liam Neeson, Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Jonathan Banks, Sam Neil, Elizabeth Montgomery.

Most of the critics dissed it, so it might be quite enjoyable! Will be watching for it...

~Doc

I saw it.. its Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson as he is in all his other films... Nothing new about this film but it was entertaining.

Saw it yesterday. I gave it a 3.5/10

Jon

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw it.. its Liam Neeson being Liam Neeson as he is in all his other films... Nothing new about this film but it was entertaining.
Directed by the same guy who directed The Shallows. How many times is the camera fixed on Vera's bum? Ass cam with teeth gave me so many laughs last year but can I take any more. Probably not. Neeson has become so so stale.

Sure I was always confronted with the "A-Hollywood formulaic" feeling but man even so, they did such a great job, I simply can't diss 'em for simply just being who they are. Just can't help it.

Directed by the same guy who directed The Shallows. How many times is the camera fixed on Vera's bum? Ass cam with teeth gave me so many laughs last year but can I take any more. Probably not. Neeson has become so so stale.
I thought The Shallows was pretty bad. I’ll watch anything with Liam but I’m not expecting anything special.

I thought The Shallows was pretty bad. I’ll watch anything with Liam but I’m not expecting anything special.
It was really bad. I hope he doesnt go with all of that slow mo trying to look like a music video stuff again.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Saw it last week! Overall very solid. 7/10
Character moments were great and so were the confined action sequences. However, the big reveal fell short and it was never as clever as it thought it was.

saw it yesterday, its a good thriller, its just missing that kinky soft core romance they used to introduce in the 90s thrillers..darn, good old times, 8.5/10

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
saw it yesterday, its a good thriller, its just missing that kinky soft core romance they used to introduce in the 90s thrillers..darn, good old times, 8.5/10
You must have loved Eastern Promises.

Hello. I like Liam Neeson in this role, he seems to be a sympathetic while being a hard-core character at the same time. It is a fast-paced movie, very action-packed as well. The acting, plot and effects are all good, and it is a great suspense thriller as it’ll make you keep on trying to guess what is going on. Goodbye!

I thought this was very flat and ordinary.
I think Neeson is flat these days so not holding out any joy for this but will be watching it just incase.

I think Neeson is flat these days so not holding out any joy for this but will be watching it just incase.
You aint seen nothing yet. He's hilariously bad in this - flat is the perfect word.

You aint seen nothing yet. He's hilariously bad in this - flat is the perfect word.
I want to see it for Vera but I'm not so sure now.

I wonder what happened. I used to love the guy but the last 10 years or so I;m just thinking WTH?

I want to see it for Vera but I'm not so sure now.

I wonder what happened. I used to love the guy but the last 10 years or so I;m just thinking WTH?
She's not in it that much. For the record, I enjoyed the film. It's not very good though.

She's not in it that much. For the record, I enjoyed the film. It's not very good though.
Thank You. I'll keep that for a time like when I kept a movie aside for some mindless crap when I didnt want to focus too much energy, and that just so happened to be Liam on a plane LOL.