2018 Academy Awards

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Would love to see Wonder Woman get an adapted screenplay nom. But Justice League's reception will probably cancel out WW getting any major noms.

Lesley Manville is a wonderful actress too, it'd be great to see her get a nom. Also heard great things about Michelle Pfeiffer in Mother! But I doubt that film will land any noms either.

But the races are so interesting this year for quite a lot of categories! And the Golden Globe noms should be out pretty soon, right?

Also, count on the film not only winning Original Screenplay; but Supporting Actor for Sam Rockwell.
There is no bigger champion of Sam Rockwell than me, been a megafan since Box of Moonlight and Lawn Dogs, and this does look like the year he will FINALLY get an overdue Oscar nomination. As for actually winning it, it is shaping up to be Willem Dafoe's to lose. Dafoe has only two nominations over his career, both in the Supporting Actor category for Platoon and Shadow of the Vampire. But he is really damn good in The Florida Project and the veteran is looking like the front runner in the earliest critics prizes that have already been announced. Most of the other categories split among several favorites, but the growing momentum is Dafoe's to receive his long overdue Academy Award.

I will be super happy if either one wins. But if I was putting money on it, right now it is Willem. Rockwell and Woody Harrelson may well both wind up with nominations in the category for Billboards, which will also tilt things a little in Dafoe's favor.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I didn't mind Rockwell and I really liked Harrelsons performance.

I think Billboards is a film that could be stronger on rewatches for me.

I think Billboards is a film that could be stronger on rewatches for me.
I don't think i've seen a rating above
for it yet from people i tend to listen to. Sean gave it
, you
, not surprised as like i said in its thread i had already heard mixed things about it a while ago.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I don't think i've seen a rating above
for it yet from people i tend to listen to. Sean gave it
, you
, not surprised as like i said in its thread i had already heard mixed things about it a while ago.
It was close to a 4 (sounds strange) but I really disliked a certain part of it. I can give it props for it's acting though.

This might just do nobody any good.
Incoming outrage for movies I haven’t seen!

The finalists for best make-up include Ghost in the Shell and Bright but The Shape of Water is out!

http://awardswatch.com/2017/12/19/20...ng-oscar-race/

Saoirse Ronan is simply a treasure. If that woman doesnt have an Oscar before she turns 28 something is wrong with Hollywood. Oh thats right, something IS wrong with Hollywood. As much as I love her to death I dont think she will get it for Lady Bird. Laurie Metcalf probably will get the best supporting actress nod though.

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
Oldman winning Best Actor would be awesome.

I'm also hoping Ronan wins and I think Dunkirk will win Best Picture.

Oldman winning Best Actor would be awesome..
No, it wouldn't. Because that'll result in the snubbing of this future legend:

To hell with Oldman and his Oscar Bait. If they wanted to give the Oscar to him; they should've done it several years ago!

CHAL-EGEND FOR THE WIN!

I'm also hoping Ronan wins
She probably will. LB's Awards' Season momentum is hella strong.

and I think Dunkirk will win Best Picture.
Nope.

It's between these 2:
Vice President
358 Exchange Place New York, N.Y. 10099 FAX 212 555 6390 TELEX : () 4534

I was about to post () that The Post could steal BP away from the... bolder(?) candidates.

Saoirse Ronan is simply a treasure. If that woman doesnt have an Oscar before she turns 28 something is wrong with Hollywood. Oh thats right, something IS wrong with Hollywood. As much as I love her to death I dont think she will get it for Lady Bird. Laurie Metcalf probably will get the best supporting actress nod though.
What says she can't?
  • She won the NYFCC and Gotham Award for Best Actress.
  • She's nominated for a Globe (which she's winning btw), and an SAG.
  • She's in a major BP frontrunner that was nominated for the SAG Ensemble.
  • Her only competition is Frances McDormand. Who (may I add) doesn't campaign or care for awards. Plus, Ms. Hayes has already won an Oscar for 'Fargo.'

I was about to post () that The Post could steal BP away from the... bolder(?) candidates.
lol.

The only thing 'The Post' could steal during this season is the Globe for the Best Picture 'Drama' Category.

I don’t know. Seems like just the right thing for academy voters (Lady Bird and Three Bilboards sound almost too stirring).

In fairness, I haven’t seen any of those three movies.

What says she can't?
  • She won the NYFCC and Gotham Award for Best Actress.
  • She's nominated for a Globe (which she's winning btw), and an SAG.
  • She's in a major BP frontrunner that was nominated for the SAG Ensemble.
  • Her only competition is Frances McDormand. Who (may I add) doesn't campaign or care for awards. Plus, Ms. Hayes has already won an Oscar for 'Fargo.'
And If Sally Hawkins doesn't pick up any overwhelming momentum over the next few months: then I think we might have found ourselves a winner.