So I Saw the Number 23

→ in
Tools    

That movie was uhh...pretty damn good actually. I don't want to give anything away just yet of course because it's still in theaters but I'll you folks this...It's a thinking movie. It's a movie that will make you think during and after the movie is over. Very intricate. Well done. I think it was good for Jim Carrey to get away from comedy. I hope he does some more serious roles and then goes back to comedy. This way, he can get off the comedy-roller coaster which probably drains his head for a while to charge him up when he decides to return to comedy.

I absolutely agree with you it was a great movie. The end was very subversive! I like psychological thrillers. Do you know psychological thrillers like the number 23 with people obsessions to suggest me?

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
a beautiful mind?

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I wasnt fussed on this movie atall tbh!

My life isn't written very well.
I did. Not that bad tramp. If I were to compare it to other movies that I wasn't interested in seeing, but saw them any way and liked them, I'd probably tip off the ending. And with movies like this, the ending should satisfy the viewer to make good on the price of the rental. Number 23 is a good ride, and the ending is probably worth it.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
what does that mean?

Well, I have avoided this movie because it seemed so bad, but you guys liked it... hmmm... anyone else see it?
"I wasnt fussed" means "I didnt enjoy" the film.

Average at best. This movie suffers from what a lot of American films suffer from these days. I'm talking about their penchant to explain everything to us like we haven't just sat and watched the damn thing for the last hour and a half.

I tabbed about this flick several months ago that I think this flick would have been almost perfect if they would have cut out the last 5 minutes or so where they go back and feel the need to explain the entire movie and I still believe that.

But you know, what do I know...

PW summed it up well. They beat us over the head with the idea that the number 23 is special. OK, what else you got? Maybe develop mulitiple plots/characters or something. Unfortunately, I saw this in the theater with a group, so I had to sit through it. If I would have rented the DVD, I would have stopped watching at the half way point. Very disappointing from Jim Carrey, who I know has enough sense to choose better scripts.

Maybe this isnt the only thread for this movie. But if it is, it says a lot when the first reply is 2 years later.