Is Paris Hilton really as bad as people say she is?

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Meanwhile, how many kids got their jollies paying guttersnipes for their kicks to watch it. Who's the fool there! Besides, gandalf obviously has no idea what 'whore' means. She claimed she was unaware of the filming so she couldnt have asked for payment. And as if she needed to earn a living from a boyfriend anyway. She's a trust fund baby so whatever he could afford would not have even paid for her dogs to get their nails done in a pooch salon for the day.
whore
[hɔː]

NOUN
derogatory
a prostitute.
synonyms: prostitute · promiscuous woman · slut · sex worker · call girl · [More]
VERB
(of a woman) work as a prostitute:
"she spent her life whoring for dangerous men"
synonyms: work as a prostitute · prostitute oneself · sell one's body · sell oneself

Those could be applied at least to further releases of her material.

I know she is a rich kid, or was (a kid) at least. So why embarrass herself and family with her TV work and behaviour. She was quite possibly outraged by first release but why allow herself to continue to be filmed in these sort of situations, that's the point I'm getting at. I think she started to like the attention/fame, as she clearly didn't need the money.

Can't help but notice that sarcasm is always the fail safe when an actual response isn't possible.

Anyway, he's got a point. There's some weird self-loathing thing going on when you can simultaneously watch her sex tape and despise her publicly for it.

Also, I feel like we can find a better source of comedic criticism than the guy who thought "she's got AIDs but I'd bang her anyway" was apparently hilarious.
I don't despise her. Just sad in this day and age that vacuous whore's like Paris and Kim K earn millions for literally nothing. Actually thinking about it I kind of do despise them both.

And yet you're willing to use it to rap out a half-dozen empty dismissals and contradictions.

Like I said: it's not time, and it's not circumstance. If it was, we'd have had dozens of substantive conversations over the years. Instead, there are dozens of abandoned ones.

What you think you could do is irrelevant. This is what you actually do.

Cool. You can start by showing me what part of anything I said is "pro Hilton."

Since you mentioned it, I think she's a terrible role model and probably not a good person, but it does not follow that any thoughtless (or even outright false) remark about here is therefore valid and/or worth saying.
Never said you were pro Hilton at all.

Glad we're basically on same page about Hilton. If she isn't an actual whore then she is/was an attention whore, quite happy to do things adult movie stars do to keep herself in the public eye.

Why allow yourself to be filmed in compromising situations again after first bad experience?
First, I was asking for a source on the claim that she released more "private material."

Second, this is moving the goalposts, because arguing that she was foolish is not the same thing as arguing that she's a "whore."

I'm sure I knew that once. Again the above question applies.
What doesn't apply in light of this information is all the other stuff you said, since your entire position is that she intentionally profited from sex acts (hence, "whore").

Never said you were pro Hilton at all.
"...respond to some of this pro Hilton bile." What pro Hilton bile, then? I don't see Dani really saying anything particularly positive about her, either.

Glad we're basically on same page about Hilton. If she isn't an actual whore then she is/was an attention whore, quite happy to do things adult movie stars do to keep herself in the public eye.
The word "attention" is an important qualifier that completely changes the meaning, not some tiny detail.

I don't despise her. Just sad in this day and age that vacuous whore's like Paris and Kim K earn millions for literally nothing. Actually thinking about it I kind of do despise them both.
Aaaaaand SCENE.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Paris Hilton was a person who got famous and ran with it. I don't know her, can't say what she's like, and probably neither can anyone else here. I dislike the use of the word "whore" to describe a woman who's not...prudish, I guess the word is. Everyone needs to stop using it.

that is all.

I liked Paris Hilton in Repo The Genetic Opera. She had fun making fun of what people think of her.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

You can't win an argument just by being right!

I'm sure I knew that once. Again the above question applies.
How convenient, but so typical of gandalf's MO.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
"...respond to some of this pro Hilton bile." What pro Hilton bile, then? I don't see Dani really saying anything particularly positive about her, either.
No. I dont know what she does when she isnt going to the opening of envelopes and I made that pretty clear in my first or second post but no doubt in his rush to call her an effing whore and AIDS ridden he missed it. It was miserable weather where he is on the weekend I can let that pass...maybe.

Maybe I'm off base, but I saw the comment purely as humor - albeit South Park type of shock humor, but humor nonetheless.
This is an odd thing to say given that he's already admitted it reflects his actual sentiments several times since. So obviously it was not "purely" humor. Most jokes like that aren't.

I think she's hot and I liked her on that reality show with Nicole Richie. Her fame does puzzle me, but that goes for a lot of people. That's the fault of the people who make them famous though.