Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Grand Seduction (2013)

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
And the week before:

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)

I'm not the greatest Marvel fan but I liked the first Thor and The Avengers films, so I gave this a go.

The whole ideia I get from this is that they were really trying to be funny, which is disappointing because Marvel movies are always funny because some pretty good one liners on the most unexpected places. This one however, was doing the opposite. My friend who watched this with me made this remark: "well, at least they don't need to do a parody of this film anymore" which pretty much says it all.

The last act is so over the top it starts to get awkward and the beggining is just a miss on every way possible.

+

-----------------------------

Shaun of the Dead (2004)

I had heard good things about it so I decided to check it.

The fact that is a parody film could hv made it bad but it doesn't, it's the perfect example of a parody done right! The acting is great, the script is really funny and the pacing is amazing. I felt they could have developed more the ending part cause it felt a bit rushed but that's a minor things.

----------------------------

Repulsion (1965)

I recently rewatched Rosemary's Baby so I got curious to see more from Polanski (besides Chinatown and The Pianist).

Repulsion is a strange movie, but quite intense. As in Rosemary's Baby, Polanski takes the time to install the atmosphere and to present us the characters so half of the movie is just a slow, comtemplative trip, which is not to say it's boring! The soundtrack gives it an interesting pacing and the cold acting by Deneuve is brilliant.

The second act happens very fast and in an unexpected way. I loved the hands scenes and all the raping scenes were pretty intense. It has so many hidden messages it's amazing to think about it.

---------------------------

In Bruges (2008)

A very nice dark comedy.
The script is really really good, the acting from all the cast is too, and the cinematography is very interesting! There are some great moments in this like:

Ken: [looking at a surreal Bosch painting] It's Judgment Day, you know?
Ray: No. What's that then?
Ken: Well, it's, you know, the final day on Earth, when mankind will be judged for the crimes they've committed and that.
Ray: Oh. And see who gets into heaven and who gets into hell and all that.
Ken: Yeah. And what's the other place?
Ray: Purgatory.
Ken: Purgatory... what's that?
Ray: Purgatory's kind of like the in-betweeny one. You weren't really ****, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham.
[pause]
Ray: Do you believe in all that stuff, Ken?
Ken: About Tottenham?

I loved all the morality behind all this and the honour among personal hitmen. A really easy and fun watch!

Brick

A lot of fun to watch. I really like the noir-esque world that they built up around the high school and the cliques. Acting's strong, twisty and fun plot line, although the dialogue can get on your nerves when you're a little lost at point to point.

But entertaining enough. Would definitely recommend.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Abe's just like the rest of us, loves scratching that brain.

The Peeping Tom (1996)

+

Nasty Cat III thriller that I think could have been a little nastier. I did think it was decent as a thriller and had a pretty good shoot-out. A serial rapist/killer with a leg fetish sets his sights on an attractive police officer. I'm not big into Asian girls but they were pretty hot in this movie; could use a little trim though. It was made better than I expected and I enjoyed it.

The league of extraordinary gentleman (2003)

Thought I'd give it a go as I only ever watched it as a kid. Not a Sean Connery fan in the slightest and only heard bad things about this and I can kinda see why. I don't think the CGI was that bad to be honest especially with Hyde but then I loved Eric Bana's Hulk so I'm clearly in the minority. There were lots of plot holes, the story was drab and went nowhere even remotely exciting, and yes Connery's constant one liners were horrible as ever.

a micro reef aquarist
Vertical limit using DJI drone goggles and hq headphones

8/10 love the flick

Face Off

Still a gem

Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Peeping Tom (1996)
The shower scene, tho.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

PTA

The Breadwinner (2017) -- 7.0/10

It's set up with a great premise, but the film just didn't pack much of an emotional punch. People have also been raving about the animation itself, and it just wasn't impressing me, except in certain segments. I will say, that this is absolutely a great movie to show your kids. A positive message from the real world.

Good Time

Damn.
Glad you enjoyed. What did you think of my over-analysed theory?

WARNING: "major spoilers" spoilers below
what if...................... more or less the entire film is just Connie wrestling with his inner demons? The entire robbery and aftermath is just a rouse to show us how he is completely at odds with the therapy his brother is undergoing, as he disapproves of it - but ultimately knows it is the best solution.

1) The analogy of taking the wrong person out of care when he escapes from the hospital ("I thought my brother was someone else") 2) The constant shots of the tv newscaster - representing his guilt at the situation 3) The guy he took out of care (Ray?) falling to his death at the end - showing that this is what will happen to his brother if he takes him out of care. 4) At the end we hear the therapist say "Your brother has been "responsible" by making this decision". But going to jail wouldn't be responsible would it, and lets face it, Nick would have been in the slammer with him if it had been real (does a jury really believe that Nick wasn't the other guy holding up the bank?). How is he even "responsible" as a guardian when in prison? 5) The reference to acid. Is this all a trip?

So does all this point to the fact we are seeing Connie coming to this conscious but tough decision of sending his brother to care? Is it all in his mind? Did any of it take place?