Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi

Tools    

Given Mark Hamill's age and Luke's inexperience with other Jedi, I doubt he'll be as powerful as Yoda. Yoda was 900 years of age and a member of the Jedi multiple times the life span of any human that entered the Jedi lifestyle.

I also hate that they're trying to push Rey as the most powerful Jedi ever, completely omitting Anakin & Yoda from the equation.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Is it me or is the reaction very much the same of The Force Awakens?

As its being released, it gets nothing but glowing reviews, but step back into it 6 months to a year later and you start nitpicking all the bad, and it turns out to be 3rd or 4th on the list.

I get the feeling we're about to have the same here for Episode 8.
Yea TFA got glowing reviews, Rogue one did well too To me it’s either critics catering for the masses. Their popularity is at stake should the fans disagree with them so they are playing it safe or it’s a big Disney Hollywood conspiracy . I mean that’s a bit far but there’s stories big gaming companies like Ubisoft and ea influence the youtube reviewers to write positive centred reviews. Or the alternative is they liked those movies.......which I’m not buying haha.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I feel slightly bad but I can't summon up any enthusiasm or excitement for this at all. I mean, I don't want to be like one of those people who go into Marvel threads to complain how much they don't are about comic movies, I do love Star Wars, but I think it's just reaching saturation point. The Force Awakens was a big deal beforehand, but then actually watching it, it was... alright. Not bad. Good, even. Just not wow. And while I will watch this and probably even enjoy it (despite my reservations about Rian Johnson), I can't get excited about it.

But maybe that's a good thing because I won't be overburdened by hype and anything good will come as a pleasant surprise.

(Also, even my 10 year old who loved Rogue One says he's not bothered and would rather watch Wonder. There's a certain amount of brand fatigue.)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Given Mark Hamill's age and Luke's inexperience with other Jedi, I doubt he'll be as powerful as Yoda. Yoda was 900 years of age and a member of the Jedi multiple times the life span of any human that entered the Jedi lifestyle.

I also hate that they're trying to push Rey as the most powerful Jedi ever, completely omitting Anakin & Yoda from the equation.
Age hasn't really been a factor in Jedi power, Dooku *80+ years, Emperor, Yoda, all old and very strong, even Vader crippled and old still powerful.

Who says Luke is inexperienced with other Jedi, very debateable, we don't know what he has been through past 35 years.

Yea of course no one will get to Yoda level but lets hope for a true Jedi Master.

Yea TFA got glowing reviews, Rogue one did well too To me it’s either critics catering for the masses. Their popularity is at stake should the fans disagree with them so they are playing it safe or it’s a big Disney Hollywood conspiracy . I mean that’s a bit far but there’s stories big gaming companies like Ubisoft and ea influence the youtube reviewers to write positive centred reviews. Or the alternative is they liked those movies.......which I’m not buying haha.
It's definitely for popularity purposes. Critics don't have the influence they once did so they have to build a unique platform to build an influential audience. I mean, who cares what the local film critic in the paper says about Star Wars, when we have fourms, podcasts, and blogs online. Plus we now share the idea that anyone can be a critic, including the audience.

I feel slightly bad but I can't summon up any enthusiasm or excitement for this at all. I mean, I don't want to be like one of those people who go into Marvel threads to complain how much they don't are about comic movies, I do love Star Wars, but I think it's just reaching saturation point. The Force Awakens was a big deal beforehand, but then actually watching it, it was... alright. Not bad. Good, even. Just not wow. And while I will watch this and probably even enjoy it (despite my reservations about Rian Johnson), I can't get excited about it.

But maybe that's a good thing because I won't be overburdened by hype and anything good will come as a pleasant surprise.

(Also, even my 10 year old who loved Rogue One says he's not bothered and would rather watch Wonder. There's a certain amount of brand fatigue.)
I feel that way for Marvel now, but I still have some level of excitement for Star Wars, even if this one isn't feeling it for me. TFW & RO I was absolutely hyped for, to an extent. And I left happy, but not eager to go back for a second viewing. I did see Rogue One again, but that's because my dad hadn't seen it yet.

I reckon one a year is the factor. Star Wars is meant to be event cinema, but Disney are oversaturating it by having a film every year. We only need to wait 5 months before the next one is out.

WHY BOTHER?!!!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Being a huge Big 3 homer, I didn't get excited by any of the trailers.

Its fate will rest with my MoFo brethern and sistren and what they think.

I am honestly more excited about the Churchill movie.

p.e.

These reviews are frying mah brain.

I guess one can complain that trailers show too much nowadays. One can say they don't show enough, ayyyy.

I feel myself succumbing to the dark side and all this hype.

I would have never known RJ directed BB episodes.

This might just do nobody any good.
If you haven’t seen Brick (his first feature film) you should get on that right now.

Neo-noir set in high school with spaghetti western influences.

If you haven’t seen Brick (his first feature film) you should get on that right now.

Neo-noir set in high school with spaghetti western influences.
Yeah, yeah. Ik that one.

"She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly. Off the coast and I'm headed nowhere.

Someone, somewhere, in a galaxy far away, may appreciate this.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Not only the best Breaking Bad episode, but one of the best episodes in television history.

In my opinion of course.

Suspect's Reviews

Not only the best Breaking Bad episode, but one of the best episodes in television history.

In my opinion of course.
No way. He directed "Peek-a-boo" ? Guy's a genius in my book then.

More than likely it was "Ozymandias". The only other episode name I remember...but nowhere near the greatness of P-a-b.

He directed “Fly”.

And episodes for Terriers, a major loss in television.

Has anyone heard about the Screening Leak of the movie and allot of Classic fans are preying its not true film in the franchise.

my biggest question is, who s the mastermind villain in the last jedi, is it supreme leader snoke or will we see darth sidius again?
well my guess is how could he have survived that fall down that 80km shaft on the death star..but thats another question

The villain is daryt maul cause he got cut off in half I know but he could ya e survived right!

The villain is daryt maul cause he got cut off in half I know but he could ya e survived right!
well not bad if he is, but something inside me wants to see senator palpatine again, because he s just a ruthless figure

The tag line for The Last Jedi is “Let the Past Die”, so imma go ahead and guess Papa Palpatine stays dead.

Side question: was anyone else terribly disappointed in The Emperor when they first saw him. As a kid I expected some horrible creature, maybe more in line in McQuarrie’s concept art or even Snoke.

Instead he’s an old dude in a bathrobe (wearing slacks underneath, apparently).