A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Somehow reminds me of The City of the Dead, but not sure.
This is incorrect. Takoma has helpfully posted (almost) all of the correct answers, thus sparing me the trouble, so we can use her post as the answer key.

Victim of The Night
Clearing out some old files just now and I came across the previously-unreleased Round 10 of my Horror Quiz from last year. There are no prizes for correct answers, but I thought some of you might enjoy a diversion.
Actually, I lied. Whoever guesses #87 wins the prize of being my best friend.
WARNING: "so spoilery" spoilers below
82. The Mummy
84. Orphan
85. My Bloody Valentine
88. Demons
90. Children Of The Corn

That's all I got at the moment.

Victim of The Night
Well,

WARNING: spoilers below

The Mummy
Dunwich Horror
Orphan
My Bloody Valentine
Monster on the Campus
Werewolves on Wheels
Demons
??
Children of the Corn

EDIT Got 87, still working on some others.
How do you always do this?!

Just want to add that #89 is a very prominent film that most of us have seen and that's literally the star of the film in the picture.
Final Exam

Peninsula was pure camp, for better or worse. But it was better at the “go into a zombie-infested area to retrieve money” premise than Army of the Dead, which was just lazy and incompetent.

Victim of The Night
Just want to add that #89 is a very prominent film that most of us have seen and that's literally the star of the film in the picture.
Ya know, I assumed that and I recognize the person, but not quite enough from the poster to name them and get the movie.

@Wooley

Captain Terror and family enjoying Revenge of the Creature, 1982 (that's me on the right behind the Star Wars pillow)

Revenge Of The Creature fan, huh? Did you ever watch the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode that featured it? I haven't seen all of it yet myself, even though MST is one of my favorite shows of all time, but I remember the scene where a very young Clint Eastwood shows up being pretty funny:

watched a couple of Shudder selections:

Scare Package is an anthology that was sporadically entertaining, but I'm ready for the "let's make fun of slasher tropes while also indulging in them" joke to be over. Scream was 25 years ago, guys.

(my favorite segment was the guy that turned into a pile of ooze in the woods, while remaining remarkably eloquent during the transformation)

The Pale Door -- The elevator pitch for this one is "The Dalton Gang meets a coven of witches". The film isn't quite as awesome as that sounds on paper, but it's still fun. I would've preferred some actual witchcraft-y stuff a la Eggers, but the vibe here was closer to From Dusk Till Dawn than The VVitch. These witches were wall-crawling, hook-nosed creatures, rather than old spell-casting hags. (the latter is more my speed but it's not this movie's job to cater to my fetishes). This doesn't get my highest recommendation but if you're in the right mood it might scratch a specific itch.

THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT

Entrusting the third entry to the director of the weakest Conjuring universe film (Curse of La Llarona) wasn’t as disastrous as I feared but still resulted in the weakest core Conjuring film. I appreciated the attempt at doing something new and Wilson and Farmiga still do way too good of a job at making us root for real life con-men, but it lacks Wan’s eye for obscured ghouls and penchant for complex scare building. It’s all big jump scares and minimal atmosphere. Disappointing but not the outright failure I expected. Annabelle Comes Home was a better Conjuring 3.

Conjuring-verse ranked:

Conjuring
Annabelle Creation
Conjuring 2
Annabelle Comes Home
The Nun
Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
Annabelle
The Curse of La Llarona

THE CONJURING: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT

Entrusting the third entry to the director of the weakest Conjuring universe film (Curse of La Llarona) wasn’t as disastrous as I feared but still resulted in the weakest core Conjuring film. I appreciated the attempt at doing something new and Wilson and Farmiga still do way too good of a job at making us root for real life con-men, but it lacks Wan’s eye for obscured ghouls and penchant for complex scare building. It’s all big jump scares and minimal atmosphere. Disappointing but not the outright failure I expected. Annabelle Comes Home was a better Conjuring 3.

Conjuring-verse ranked:

Conjuring
Annabelle Creation
Conjuring 2
Annabelle Comes Home
The Nun
Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
Annabelle
The Curse of La Llarona
How is La Llorona? I have pretty low standards for these movies, is there enough to enjoy?

Also, I forgot, but did you like The Nun? I was indifferent when I saw it in theatres hit found I gelled more to its watered down Bava vibes at home.*

How is La Llorona? I have pretty low standards for these movies, is there enough to enjoy?

Also, I forgot, but did you like The Nun? I was indifferent when I saw it in theatres hit found I gelled more to its watered down Bava vibes at home.*
I DID like the Nun. It’s Hammer/Bava sensibilities appealed to me even if it was numbing with constant jump scares.

COLL isn’t good. It’s definitely the least enjoyable of the franchise but I don’t hate it. It’s polished, has Cardellini, and isn’t entirely boring. It’s the kind of film that would twist Crummy’s stomach into knots due to how competent but artistically and atmospherically vacuous it is. Worth seeing once for completists or those wanting a franchise fix. If you know this franchise, you know what you’re in for.