Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Repped you for the movie but that rating is shockingly low. What's up?
I'm not very good at explaining... I guess it was boring, and I couldn't wait for it to end, despite a very good start.

That was a great Al Pacino impression. ^^

Did you catch this? [can't embedd youtube in spoilers - so don't click if you haven't seen it]

WARNING: "midsommar" spoilers below
&feature=youtu.be

Unregistered User
I'm not very good at explaining... I guess it was boring, and I couldn't wait for it to end, despite a very good start.

Shame you didn't like it Matt. Hope all well.

Unregistered User
That was a great Al Pacino impression. ^^

Did you catch this? [can't embedd youtube in spoilers - so don't click if you haven't seen it]

&feature=youtu.be

Woah! Absolutely did not spot that!! That's a great catch, I bet there are loads more!

Woah! Absolutely did not spot that!! That's a great catch, I bet there are loads more!
Yeah there are loads apparently.

Bear Pictures in Dani's bedroom. A little flower offering besides the parents bed. Even Dani's name means something relevant in Hebrew.

It's been at least a decade since I've watched this, and Jack Nicholson's flamboyant and hammy performance is still worth the price of admission alone.

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Patrick Hughes, 2017)
+
As much miss as hit, plus carries too much fat imo

Can You Ever Forgive Me? (2018)

I liked that Can You Ever Forgive Me was a bio-pic about an interesting event and an interesting person, Lee Israel. Lee (Melissa McCarthy) is an out of work author in desperate need of cash. Who decides to start forging rare, signed literary letters, so that she can sell them. How crazy is that? And it's true! So that's one reason I enjoyed this movie.

Another reason I liked this was the filming style. It was shot straight forward, with none of that gawd-awful back and forth time traveling intercut stuff. The movie had an actual beginning, a middle and a real ending too. Oh and no superheros or Disney princess were within sight I liked how all the scenes had a well worn and lived in look, which made me feel like I was right there in the thick of it. So kudos to the director, writer and film editor.

Melissa McCarthy (Lee Israel) best known as the female Adam Sandler plays it straight for once. Even though the film is labeled comedy, it's not. It's best to think of this as a bio pic drama with a few humorous moments included. But there's no silliness, no gags...thank goodness.

Jack Hock (played to perfection by Richard E. Grant) is a a shifty but likable rogue that befriends Lee. Grant was great in this and paired well with the stoic Lee Israel. Loved Jane Curtain as the literary agent who won't give Lee the time of day, gosh I miss Third Rock From the Sun.

Can You Ever Forgive Me is well made without glitz and gimmicks...and I appreciate that. Thanks @lenslady for recommending this.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	56015  

Sweet indie movie based in Red Hook, Brooklyn. Enjoyable.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas - 5/10
I saw this almost twenty years ago, and its still muddled and a bit chaotic and crazy. The funny parts were the one or two word responses.

Stuber(2019)

I still think Bautista has good movies ahead of him, but this one fell kinda flat. It felt too made for TV and not the theater, and most of the jokes were forgettable. It's not bad, just very ordinary.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Stuber(2019)

I still think Bautista has good movies ahead of him, but this one fell kinda flat. It felt too made for TV and not the theater, and most of the jokes were forgettable. It's not bad, just very ordinary.

I stumbled across a pod that was analyzing Bautista's rise with that of the Rock. The implication was, Dave is possibly gonna reach the same status.

A lot of the conversation was based on his deleted scene/short/whatever from Blade Runner.

Lethal Weapon (1987)

This was on UKTV last night. A hugely enjoyable mismatch buddy drama/comedy that both Gibson and Glover are excellent in...I haven't sat through this for years but the jokes/timing/dramatic action are brilliant. A bit eighties but, hey, aren't we all

Everyone is my friend unless proven otherwise
The Warden ( 2019 ) - 7.6/10

It doesn’t care whether it’s soon or it’s too late
Don’t be afraid if your heart wakes up from an old dream
My be God has written your story from the beginning. Ehsan khaje Amiri