Upcoming Animated Musicals Hall of Fame

Tools    

Hello there, I hope it isn't too late. I would like to ask first of all what would be an animated musical movie? I mean it's any animated movie with a song? Also in the HoF of this category, the movies are voted by it's song or by movie itself?. I asked this because maybe the whole point is the songs or maybe it is a category and we have to vote the best movie. May I nominate The Emperor's New Groove, I am not sure if it is an animated musical? If it does then I'd like to nominate it

Vote by how good the movie is not the songs. It is up to GBG to decide what does and doesn't count, personally I feel New Groove doesn't despite how much I enjoy it. Still I'm sure you can think of some more that do count Tat . Assuming anyone agrees with me that is.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Hello there, I hope it isn't too late. I would like to ask first of all what would be an animated musical movie? I mean it's any animated movie with a song? Also in the HoF of this category, the movies are voted by it's song or by movie itself?. I asked this because maybe the whole point is the songs or maybe it is a category and we have to vote the best movie. May I nominate The Emperor's New Groove, I am not sure if it is an animated musical? If it does then I'd like to nominate it

I didn't remember The Emperor's New Groove having any songs in it, so I just looked it up, and it only has two songs. I don't think that really qualifies as a musical.

An animated musical is basically an animated movie that has more than just a few songs or musical selections in it. If you look at the first post of the thread, you can see the movies that have already been nominated,so you can get an idea of what has already qualified.

I'm willing to be lenient on allowing movies to be nominated, but I don't think that only two songs really qualifies it as a musical. (There will be an Animated Movie HoF sometime in the future, which will be animated movies that don't have to be musicals, and The Emperor's New Groove will qualify for that one.)

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I just had a thought go through my mind. Which version of "Beauty and the Beast" are we watching? Is it going to be the original theatrical release or the special edition (which, essentially, just has the one song added to it - a song that was supposed to be in the film but was cut)? It is a very minor thing, I suppose. But I was just curious.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
I suppose which version a person watches doesn't really matter that much. I was just wondering because with that one song put back into the film (where it should've been to begin with - I believe it was cut because they thought it made the film too long), it would make the movie more "complete" with it back in its proper place.

But I don't care. I will just go along with what everyone else wants to do.

I just had a thought go through my mind. Which version of "Beauty and the Beast" are we watching? Is it going to be the original theatrical release or the special edition (which, essentially, just has the one song added to it - a song that was supposed to be in the film but was cut)? It is a very minor thing, I suppose. But I was just curious.

I have the Diamond Edition Blu-Ray + DVD that has 3 versions of the movie, so I'll probably watch the Extended Edition, but I don't think it really matters. Anyone who has access to the Extended Edition will probably want to watch it, but I think the Theatrical Version is okay if that's what people have access to.

Hello there, I hope it isn't too late. I would like to ask first of all what would be an animated musical movie?
May I nominate The Emperor's New Groove, I am not sure if it is an animated musical? If it does then I'd like to nominate it
Tatmmw2, I answered your question earlier about what would qualify as an animated musical. Do you want to join this HoF before it officially starts? The Emperor's New Groove doesn't qualify as an animated musical, so you would have to pick a different movie, but there's still time to join. (However not a lot of time because this will probably officially start tonight.)

Also in the HoF of this category, the movies are voted by it's song or by movie itself?. I asked this because maybe the whole point is the songs or maybe it is a category and we have to vote the best movie.
BTW, I missed this part of your question yesterday. The movies are ranked by the movie, not just by a song.

Each person who joins nominates one Animated Musical movie, and after you watch all the movies, you would rank the movies in the order that you liked them, numbered from #1 through however many movies were nominated, and then you would send your ranked list to me by private message before the deadline. (The actual deadline date hasn't been determined yet, but it will be about 1 week per movie nominated, so for example, if there are 13 movies nominated, then the deadline date would be 13 weeks from the official start date.)

Let the night air cool you off
I watched Fantasia. It suffers from the same problem a lot of other anthology movies suffer from: inconsistency. Outside of maybe two segments, I wasn't very interested in what I was seeing. The Bald Mountain sequence is fantastic, but nothing else comes close to matching it.

I'm going to post the official thread for this HoF later tonight. Do we want specific discussion threads for each movie too, or just one main discussion thread for all the movies?

Master of My Domain
One main discussion thread for all movies. Generates more conversation, debates, and overall fun.

Yeah I agree with this. So what is everyone starting with?
I started with Pinocchio a few nights ago. My first time watching it since childhood. It's a charming and beautifully drawn movie, though still not a favorite.

+

I watched Fantasia. It suffers from the same problem a lot of other anthology movies suffer from: inconsistency. Outside of maybe two segments, I wasn't very interested in what I was seeing. The Bald Mountain sequence is fantastic, but nothing else comes close to matching it.
I always liked The Sorcerer's Apprentice the most, but have never been a big fan of the movie overall.

Let the night air cool you off

I always liked The Sorcerer's Apprentice the most, but have never been a big fan of the movie overall.
That was the other segment I enjoyed. I get that the movie was a groundbreaking achievement, but it didn't really feel cohesive or engaging. It felt like "here's a little bit of this and now a little bit of that."

I agree with you, I can't consider myself a fan of the overall product.