Who's ready for another song tournament?

Tools    

Which song tournament do you want?
63.64%
7 votes
Song Tournament 9 (No theme)
0%
0 votes
50s Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
European Song Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Music Video Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
Random Youtube Video Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Cover Song Tournament
0%
0 votes
Black Artists Tournament
0%
0 votes
B-Sides Tournament
9.09%
1 votes
Banned Artist Tournament - Part 2
9.09%
1 votes
Other (Please specify)
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll be in too. I liked the banned band/artist tournament because it gave us new songs while not limiting genres or decades.

I liked the banned tournament also. I got to hear a lot of artists and songs that I had never heard of before.

So far, the theme suggestions are:

50s Song Tournament
European Song Tournament
Cover Song Tournament
Black Artists Tournament
B-Sides Tournament

I like the idea of a Cover Song Tournament, so I'll throw this suggestion out there too. Basically any song that's not the original artist would be eligible, whether it's a famous artists, or an amateur singer on a show like Idol, The Voice, etc., or even a completely unknown singer on YouTube. (Anyone here who sings and has videos on YouTube would even be welcome to nominate themselves. )

Are there any more suggestions?

I think 'black artists' and 'instrumentals' were also put forward as ideas during the last tournament gbg.

Maybe a 'flipside' tournament might be fun too although might involve a lot of effort for people to pick solely from 'b'-sides to singles?

B-sides could be a lot of fun, but it might be hard to find nominations. Are there web sites that list the b-sides of singles?

What happened to all the song tournament people? Nobody is interested in this?!
Just give people time, not everyone can check this site every minute of the day...

I think 'black artists' and 'instrumentals' were also put forward as ideas during the last tournament gbg.

Maybe a 'flipside' tournament might be fun too although might involve a lot of effort for people to pick solely from 'b'-sides to singles?

I'll add these to the suggestions list. So this is the updated list:

50s Song Tournament
European Song Tournament
Cover Song Tournament
Black Artists Tournament
B-Sides Tournament

Everyone should state their choice (or choices), and hopefully by tomorrow we'll have a theme selected.

I want just a normal song tournament. The themes aren't as much fun.

Just to let everyone know, Chypmunk might be taking over this song tournament, so if we can't all agree to a theme, Chypmunk you'll get to decide the theme if you take over the tournament.

Music Video Song Tournament is another one I might enjoy. Where we judge the video more than the song.
That's a good idea...but GBG you called shotgun you should run this (if you want too). Even if there isn't many people, that's OK, MoFo seems slow so it needs some fun stuff going on.

Song Tournament 9 (No theme)....OK idea

50s Song Tournament....Good idea and interesting

European Song Tournament...OK idea

Music Video Song Tournament...Great idea and easy to do, judge the video more than the song

Random Youtube Video Tournament...no idea of what that is?

Cover Song Tournament...Super great idea, always interesting

Black Artists Tournament...OK idea but I demand a Osmond family tournament next

B-Sides Tournament...Luke warm and hard to defy what is and isn't a B-Side

Banned Artist Tournament - Part 2...Luke warm, not interested

My suggestion: Hit Parade songs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade

My vote is for Song Tournament #9.

If not that, then Banned Artists Tournament #2 or 50's Song Tournament. The other themes don't interest me.

To give Gbg a more relaxing song tourney for once I've volunteered to run this one. God help us all lol.

I added a poll to the beginning of this thread to see where everyone stands on the theme, but keep in mind that Chypmunk was very nice and offered to run this one, so the bottom line is that Chypmunk has the final say about the theme, so all bribes should be sent to Chypmunk, not me.

Well, I am iffy about this now because I wanted GB to run the tournament.

I am okay with Song Tournament 9, '50s Song Tournament, European Song Tournament (I really like this idea for some reason now), Music Video Song Tournament......

The others don't thrill me right now. I liked the Banned Bands tournament, but I don't wanna do it again already.

Well I guess if I'm to run it I should say that we'll leave the poll open for 24 hours and go with the majority decision.

I voted for a Cover Song Tournament because I thought that might be a nice change of pace, but I'm okay with any of the choices.

And just for the record Chypmunk, I'm sure that you're going to do a great job running the tournament.