Tournaments, Lists, Challenges, and Games Index

Tools    

Maybe you didn't know, but there were disputes because of more than one thread running at a time. They said that Go Dog Go said to never do that. To never run more than one at a time. The line I drew attention to, reads like she was OK with it, as long as one of the threads were a more specific Hall of Fame. Is that accurate? I'm not trying to fuss with anyone, here. I think it would be good to know.

Also, if anyone wants or cares if this thread is updated.

Maybe you didn't know, but there were disputes because of more than one thread running at a time. They said that Go Dog Go said to never do that. To never run more than one at a time. The line I drew attention to, reads like she was OK with it, as long as one of the threads were a more specific Hall of Fame. Is that accurate? I'm not trying to fuss with anyone, here. I think it would be good to know.

Also, if anyone wants or cares if this thread is updated.
Okay, i am with you now. I think the main dispute is she didn't want three like we have going now, but I think we are doing fine. As long as people don't take on more than they can handle. I think that was the main worry.

BTW, I have no interest in trying to keep up with this.

Let the night air cool you off
Yeah, I can't keep up with this like I initially thought.

And on the subject of the hall of fames, I know what Godoggo said, but I don't think there's a problem with the number of them being ran right now. We have enough interest for each of them, and they are unique enough to be worthy of taking place.

Yes, and from what I read, people were claiming that she said to never run more than one. She only said that about the main threads. I will admit, she herself got upset when someone started a specific thread while she was trying to start the Creature Feature, but I'm not sure why, when this is posted here. What confusion. I get both sides, because eventually people will either take on too much, like I did, or they won't, which means the numbers drop in specific threads, because of the strain in doing too many.

I think a number should be set, but not the number one.

Yes, and from what I read, people were claiming that she said to never run more than one. She only said that about the main threads. I will admit, she herself got upset when someone started a specific thread while she was trying to start the Creature Feature, but I'm not sure why, when this is posted here. What confusion. I get both sides, because eventually people will either take on too much, like I did, or they won't, which means the numbers drop in specific threads, because of the strain in doing too many.

I agree. I think we will take it as it comes. Yeah, I think her idea was always to have one main one and one special but I think this round has worked out fine.

What I have is not a tournament, a Hall of Fame or a Challenge... its just a list of films for people to watch and discuss... there isnt a set time to have it finished by .. or when you have to start watching a specific film. You dont have to watch the film if you dont want to.. and you dont have to rate the films of the Watch List...

Its just people discussing cinema... and a thread for it to be discussed in.

What I have is not a tournament, a Hall of Fame or a Challenge... its just a list of films for people to watch and discuss... there isnt a set time to have it finished by .. or when you have to start watching a specific film. You dont have to watch the film if you dont want to.. and you dont have to rate the films of the Watch List...

Its just people discussing cinema... and a thread for it to be discussed in.
I'm not sure if you think we are discussing your watch list, but we are not. We are talking about the HOF.

I think we are doing fine. As long as people don't take on more than they can handle. I think that was the main worry.
And on the subject of the hall of fames, I know what Godoggo said, but I don't think there's a problem with the number of them being ran right now. We have enough interest for each of them, and they are unique enough to be worthy of taking place.
I get both sides, because eventually people will either take on too much, like I did, or they won't, which means the numbers drop in specific threads, because of the strain in doing too many.

I agree. I think we will take it as it comes. Yeah, I think her idea was always to have one main one and one special but I think this round has worked out fine.
OK, has anyone else given this more thought? Should we set a for sure on how many of these things go on at once? Most of us thought that one main Hall of Fame, and two Sub Genres worked just fine. At least I thought that the most of us did. Is there anyone here against that? Who thinks we should just do one main Hall of Fame, and one Sub Genre, instead of how we did it before, when both Citz and Justin ran their own threads at the same time that the 6th Hall of Fame was going on?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
OK, has anyone else given this more thought? Should we set a for sure on how many of these things go on at once? Most of us thought that one main Hall of Fame, and two Sub Genres worked just fine. At least I thought that the most of us did. Is there anyone here against that? Who thinks we should just do one main Hall of Fame, and one Sub Genre, instead of how we did it before, when both Citz and Justin ran their own threads at the same time that the 6th Hall of Fame was going on?

I prefer one main HoF and one sub-genre HoF at a time. Using the Sci-Fi and Slasher HoFs as examples, it showed that most people won't do both sub-genres even if they want to. They'll chose one to join and pass on the other.

But that's just my opinion. I'm not really against one main HoF and two sub-genres at a time. I just think that it puts too much out there at once for the people who like to participate in a lot of these HoFs.

I think Goodies is right. Two sub and a main did work well but most people are not going to do three. The sub ones usually go much quicker anyway, so you still get in two while the main one is going on.